Gyrocar

Old May 29th 14, 04:16 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
bob

Default Gyrocar

http://www.electronicproducts.com/El..._failed.as px

bob
Old May 29th 14, 07:19 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Thursday, May 29, 2014 10:16:51 AM UTC-5, bob wrote:
> http://www.electronicproducts.com/El..._failed.as px
>

> bob

Smokey Stover's two wheels car. Back in the 1970s Popular Mechanics magazine had some plans in their magazine of how to build a Smokey Stover two wheels car. I have that old magazine right here.
Old May 30th 14, 12:43 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_10_]

On 5/29/2014 5:16 AM, bob wrote:
> http://www.electronicproducts.com/El..._failed.as px
>

> bob

This is probably more practical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqSDWoAhvLU
Old May 30th 14, 06:20 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Thursday, May 29, 2014 6:43:25 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> On 5/29/2014 5:16 AM, bob wrote:
>
> > http://www.electronicproducts.com/El..._failed.as px

> > bob

> This is probably more practical.
>

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqSDWoAhvLU

That Google car looks like one of those German micro cars back in the 1950s.
Old May 30th 14, 11:09 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_10_]

On 5/29/2014 7:20 PM, JR wrote:
> On Thursday, May 29, 2014 6:43:25 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
>> On 5/29/2014 5:16 AM, bob wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.electronicproducts.com/El..._failed.as px

>>> bob

>> This is probably more practical.
>>

>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqSDWoAhvLU

> That Google car looks like one of those German micro cars back in the 1950s.

You're right. I guess the most efficient shape for a car as far as
passenger space goes is one that approaches an egg shape. What this
means is that the car of the future will be pretty darn cute.
Old May 30th 14, 01:25 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
AMuzi

On 5/29/2014 6:43 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 5/29/2014 5:16 AM, bob wrote:
>> http://www.electronicproducts.com/El..._failed.as px
>>

>> bob

> This is probably more practical.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqSDWoAhvLU

A car which drives itself is like hiring someone to go ride
my bicycle. Meh.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

Old May 30th 14, 06:12 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_10_]

On 5/30/2014 2:25 AM, AMuzi wrote:

> A car which drives itself is like hiring someone to go ride my bicycle.
> Meh.

Hiring someone to ride your bicycle won't get you anywhere.
Old May 31st 14, 08:39 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

Some people can ride a bicycle many miles with a weak spot on the tire, no such luck for me. One time I was riding my bicycle along a road near the sidewalk curb in Daytona Beach and I ran over a thumb tack, I got a flat tire.. That same. Bicycle, another time I was in New Orleans and I got drunk and I forgot where I parked that bicycle. It was parked near that tall hotel that has a big. Square roof thingy on it, exactly where I had parked it the day before. That was an old junkyard bicycle I used to haul around in my van. Nobody would steal that piece of junk bicycle.
Old June 1st 14, 03:44 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

On Friday, May 30, 2014 1:20:12 PM UTC+8, JR wrote:

> That Google car looks like one of those German micro cars back in the 1950s.

You mean the BMW Isetta? One of the 10 worst cars ever made.
Old June 1st 14, 05:01 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Saturday, May 31, 2014 9:44:34 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Friday, May 30, 2014 1:20:12 PM UTC+8, JR wrote:
>

> > That Google car looks like one of those German micro cars back in the 1950s.

> You mean the BMW Isetta? One of the 10 worst cars ever made.

When I was in the Army at Scott Air Force Base, Illinois (Nike Hercules Missiles)in 1963 I bought a 1957 BMW Isetta from an Air Force Officer. I still have the owner/operators manual that came with that car. The original owner of the car was a woman in Germany. On a rainy day going across the Eads Bridge to Saint Louis that car was 'skating' around on that Bridge. Those little light cars are death traps.