Wooden gear Kob

Old July 31st 05, 04:58 PM
Simon J via CarKB.com

Default Wooden gear Kob

I've just bought my first Alpha, It's a 156 1.8TS 1999. Every thing about
the car is superb, except it has the wooden trim. Ive bought some momo parts
for it (Gear knob & Handbreak handle.) But i can't for the life of me work
out how to remove the old wooden stuff. On many other cars there is a simple
screw holding it on, or they just pull off easy. There is no screw and i've
tried pulling AND twisting. Don't want to break anything though. How Do You
Get Them Off. Are they Held on by magic? Do i have to break them off?
Somebody please help!

--
Simon J
Old July 31st 05, 05:52 PM
Simon J via CarKB.com

Simon J wrote:
>I've just bought my first Alpha, It's a 156 1.8TS 1999. Every thing about
>the car is superb, except it has the wooden trim. Ive bought some momo parts
>for it (Gear knob & Handbreak handle.) But i can't for the life of me work
>out how to remove the old wooden stuff. On many other cars there is a simple
>screw holding it on, or they just pull off easy. There is no screw and i've
>tried pulling AND twisting. Don't want to break anything though. How Do You
>Get Them Off. Are they Held on by magic? Do i have to break them off?
>Somebody please help!
>Sorry made a school boy error it's a gear knob not kob,

and even worse it's Alfa not Alpha, but thats what happens when you let your
girlfriend do the typing.
Hope i havent offended anyone.

--
Simon J
Old July 31st 05, 07:47 PM
Catman

Simon J via CarKB.com wrote:

> Simon J wrote:
>>I've just bought my first Alpha, It's a 156 1.8TS 1999. Every thing about
>>the car is superb, except it has the wooden trim. Ive bought some momo
>>parts for it (Gear knob & Handbreak handle.) But i can't for the life of
>>me work out how to remove the old wooden stuff. On many other cars there
>>is a simple screw holding it on, or they just pull off easy. There is no
>>screw and i've tried pulling AND twisting. Don't want to break anything
>>though. How Do You Get Them Off. Are they Held on by magic? Do i have to
>>break them off? Somebody please help!
>>Sorry made a school boy error it's a gear knob not kob,

> and even worse it's Alfa not Alpha, but thats what happens when you let
> your girlfriend do the typing.
> Hope i havent offended anyone.

I think we'll let you off, you spotted it

AFAIK the gearknob needs to be forced off. That is certainly the case with
the plastic ones.

Can't help with the handbrake though, sorry
Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 TS 156 TS S2
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old July 31st 05, 07:53 PM
Ivan

"Simon J via CarKB.com" > wrote in message

> Simon J wrote:
>>Sorry made a school boy error it's a gear knob not kob,

> and even worse it's Alfa not Alpha, but thats what happens when you let
> your
> girlfriend do the typing.
> Hope i havent offended anyone.

Hi Simon.

Knobs discussed many times! Answer courtesy of the omniscient Gert-Jan :-)
Try http://tinyurl.com/9cnou

--
Ivan.

Alfa GT
Ex 156 2.5 V6 Veloce
Ex 156 Selespeed (RIP 22 May 03)
Ex 145 QV
Ex 33 16v QV
Ex 33 QV series 1

removing gear box Sven Agardh VW water cooled 1 January 17th 05 11:48 AM
Buzzing at startup/ring gear SmarSquid Honda 1 January 16th 05 02:46 AM
auto trans won't downshift to 1st gear on 2000 Explorer V6 SOHC KI0FT Ford Explorer 3 December 23rd 04 01:02 AM
Speedo gear problem Jeff Scherb Jeep 2 December 19th 04 11:57 AM
No reverse gear on 2000 Saturn SL2 A/T 2000SaturnSL2 Saturn 6 October 6th 04 06:18 PM