Chrysler Crossfire

Old May 15th 05, 05:46 PM
Steve

"I can't believe it's that ugly"

Steve

Old May 15th 05, 06:51 PM
Hans Mücke

On Sonntag, 15. Mai 2005 11:07 Bill Putney wrote in
rec.autos.makers.chrysler:

>> Ja, aber, deine Schweinwerfer ist nicht mehr zugelassen!

> Hmmm - when I plug that into an online translator, it comes out: "Yes,
> but, your pig throwers is not certified any longer!"

Guess Your online translator is right - that exactly what Daniel wrote. It
would be a whole different thing if You would put in "Scheinwerfer" ... :-)

--
Wir mailen uns ... Hans
Old May 15th 05, 07:46 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sun, 15 May 2005, Bill Putney wrote:

> Daniel J. Stern wrote:

> > Ja, aber, deine Schweinwerfer ist nicht mehr zugelassen!

> Hmmm - when I plug that into an online translator, it comes out: "Yes,
> but, your pig throwers is not certified any longer!"

With the exception of a spurious plural on pig thrower, your translator
got it right. I drew inspiration from an eBay.de auction I saw about 18
months ago, in which some schlemiel was selling a "hauptschweinwerfer"
(sic) for a 1998 Volvo V70. Amazing. What *will* those clever Swedes think
up next in the exciting field of auto accessories?

DS
Old May 15th 05, 08:04 PM
Hans Mücke

On Sonntag, 15. Mai 2005 13:46 Daniel J. Stern wrote in
rec.autos.makers.chrysler:

> months ago, in which some schlemiel was selling a "hauptschweinwerfer"
> (sic) for a 1998 Volvo V70. Amazing. What *will* those clever Swedes think
> up next in the exciting field of auto accessories?

Daniel ... shouldn`t the swedes sell "Hauptelchwerfer" ... ?

--
Wir mailen uns ... Hans
Old May 15th 05, 08:16 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sun, 15 May 2005, Hans [ISO-8859-15] M=FCcke wrote:

> > months ago, in which some schlemiel was selling a "hauptschweinwerfer"
> > (sic) for a 1998 Volvo V70. Amazing. What *will* those clever Swedes
> > think up next in the exciting field of auto accessories?

> Daniel ... shouldn`t the swedes sell "Hauptelchwerfer" ... ?

Naw...they should sell Hauptfleischkl=F6schenwerfer ;-)

Old May 15th 05, 10:47 PM
Bill Putney

Hans Mücke wrote:
> On Sonntag, 15. Mai 2005 13:46 Daniel J. Stern wrote in
> rec.autos.makers.chrysler:
>

>>months ago, in which some schlemiel was selling a "hauptschweinwerfer"
>>(sic) for a 1998 Volvo V70. Amazing. What *will* those clever Swedes think
>>up next in the exciting field of auto accessories?

> Daniel ... shouldn`t the swedes sell "Hauptelchwerfer" ... ?

Heh heh! Pig thrower or main moose thrower - that must be the bumper.
On steam trains, we had cow catchers on the front of the engines. "Cow
thrower" would make more sense. I mean, it wasn't like they were trying
to catch the darn things!

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')
Old May 16th 05, 12:03 AM
Hans Mücke

On Sonntag, 15. Mai 2005 14:16 Daniel J. Stern wrote in
rec.autos.makers.chrysler:

>> Daniel ... shouldn`t the swedes sell "Hauptelchwerfer" ... ?

> Naw...they should sell Hauptfleischkl??schenwerfer ;-)

Why that ... :-) ...?

--
Wir mailen uns ... Hans
Old May 16th 05, 12:07 AM
Hans Mücke

On Sonntag, 15. Mai 2005 16:47 Bill Putney wrote in
rec.autos.makers.chrysler:

> Heh heh! Pig thrower or main moose thrower - that must be the bumper.
> On steam trains, we had cow catchers on the front of the engines. "Cow
> thrower" would make more sense. I mean, it wasn't like they were trying
> to catch the darn things!

It is like with 2 airplanes coming very close ... in Germany we say
"Beinahe-Zusammenstoß" (which would translate to something like "near
hit"), while in english it is called "near miss".

Does that mean "I get You the next time" ... :-) ... ?

--
Wir mailen uns ... Hans
Old May 16th 05, 11:31 AM
Bill Putney

Hans Mücke wrote:

> It is like with 2 airplanes coming very close ... in Germany we say
> "Beinahe-Zusammenstoß" (which would translate to something like "near
> hit"), while in english it is called "near miss".

True.

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')
Old May 16th 05, 06:14 PM
Steve

Norm & Debbie wrote:

> Group, what are your opinions of the Chrysler Crossfire? I am researching
> insights on the Crossfire for a possible purchase. Thanks!
>
> norm

My opinion went up now that they're selling them at bargain basement
prices... when it was a substantial fraction of the cost of a Viper it
didn't impress me AT ALL.