VOR season 18 starts Friday, January 30 - 69 mod

Old January 11th 09, 03:02 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Bob Simpson

Default VOR season 18 starts Friday, January 30 - 69 mod

Our forum is at http://forums.speedgeezers.net/index...> showforum=34 where you can check in or else you can e-mail me at
lesandbob at sympatico dot ca

Virtual Online Racers (VOR) is starting its 18th season. Our league
is aimed to help beginners but we also have some fast drivers too.

We race on Friday nights, 8:30 PM Central US time and have practice
sessions same time on Wednesdays. Our race length aims to be around
50% of the GP distance, but actually we adjust the distance for around
a 65 minute race time. We use Intermediate Damage and allow Shift+Rs
with stop and go penalties as noted below in the rules.

The Schedule:

Season 18 – 69 mod

Jan 30 – Kyalami – 52 laps
Feb 6 – Monaco – 49 laps
Feb 13 – Zandvoort – 50 laps
Feb 20 – Clermont Ferrand (folder clermont) – 19 laps
Feb 27 – Silverstone – 48 laps
Mar 6 – Nόrburgring – 7 laps
Mar 13 – Oulton Park (folder oulton) – 45 laps
Mar 20 – Monza – 44 laps
Mar 27 – Mosport – 52 laps
Apr 3 – Watkins Glen – 63 laps
Apr 17 – Mexico – 54 laps
Apr 24 – Montjuic – 46 laps

Our main rules a

Race starts: We go at the green, but we review the first part of the
first lap through the first few turns that we call the Orange Zone
(noted in the driver’s meeting notes). Any crashes or passes that
cause a crash might be (but not always are) considered dangerous
driving and penalties will be assessed.

Shift+R: Any time that a driver resets in the race, a Stop-and-Go
penalty must be served the next time through the pits. We feel that
allowing resets rather than using the no reset Pro Damage mode gives
us a somewhat realistic race simulation while allowing for the
problems of online warping etc. This little penalty served during the
race will cause drivers to be more cautious as well, we hope.

Just one Stop-and-Go is required per lap, no matter how many resets
that you have in that one lap.