GPL Track limit?

Old November 10th 08, 11:57 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
APLer

Default GPL Track limit?

I just recently got GPL and have been farting around with Monza for a
while - even got within ~3 seconds of best lap with the Lotus. Anyways Is
there a limit to the number of tracks that show up within the game, is it
better to use GEM+ to switch tracks? Basically, what causes the least
amount of problems?

Old November 11th 08, 03:52 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Fritz

63 tracks iirc

Old November 11th 08, 06:05 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ron Ronchetto[_2_]

APLer, Here is a link to get the necessary GPL updates..... go to the
bottom of the page, and click on downloads. It will take you to the GPL
Installer Site. Also, be sure and download the GPL Easy Installation Guide
that is there. http://gplps.org/wb/pages/projects/gpl-installer.php

You should install GEM and use it.... as it gives you so much more.....

Also go to this RSC for other questions and help you may need...
http://forum.racesimcentral.com/foru...=36#gplthreads

Ron

Old November 13th 08, 01:51 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
APLer

"Fritz" > wrote in
:
> "APLer" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>
>> I just recently got GPL and have been farting around with Monza for a
>> while - even got within ~3 seconds of best lap with the Lotus. Anyways
>> Is there a limit to the number of tracks that show up within the game,
>> is it better to use GEM+ to switch tracks? Basically, what causes the
>> least amount of problems?

> 63 tracks iirc

Really? that's a *lot*. Thanks.

Old November 13th 08, 01:51 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
APLer

"Ron Ronchetto" > wrote in
:
> Also go to this RSC for other questions and help you may need...
> http://forum.racesimcentral.com/foru...=36#gplthreads
>
> Ron
>
> "APLer" > wrote in message
>>
>> I just recently got GPL and have been farting around with Monza for a
>> while - even got within ~3 seconds of best lap with the Lotus. Anyways
>> Is there a limit to the number of tracks that show up within the game,
>> is it better to use GEM+ to switch tracks? Basically, what causes the
>> least amount of problems?
>>

> APLer, Here is a link to get the necessary GPL updates..... go to the
> bottom of the page, and click on downloads. It will take you to the GPL
> Installer Site. Also, be sure and download the GPL Easy Installation
> Guide that is there.
> http://gplps.org/wb/pages/projects/gpl-installer.php
>
> You should install GEM and use it.... as it gives you so much more.....

Yes, I've got GP DDM, GEM+ 2 IGOR and Replay analyzer along with the
addons,ranks and gpl links sites bookmarked. Right now I'm trying to get a
decent setup for Lemans Bugatti. Tough with the 90 degree turns after the
sweeping ones after Mulsanne.

Old November 13th 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jan Verschueren

"APLer" wrote...
> <snip>
>> 63 tracks iirc
>>

> Really? that's a *lot*. Thanks.

I take it you haven't been here : http://gpltd.bcsims.com/ then?

There are 573 tracks for GPL, 128 of which can be in your "tracks" folder at
the same time and 63 will fit into a season file. With GEM+ you can have
multiple season files, so that indeed is your best bet for managing the
track, imo.

Jan.
=---

Old November 14th 08, 04:39 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
APLer

"Jan Verschueren" > wrote in
:

> "APLer" wrote...
>> <snip>
>>> 63 tracks iirc
>>>

>> Really? that's a *lot*. Thanks.

> I take it you haven't been here : http://gpltd.bcsims.com/ then?

Yes, that's how I got mulsonne <g>. Along with Mont Tremblant (the closest
real race track to where I am) and a few others.

> There are 573 tracks for GPL, 128 of which can be in your "tracks"
> folder at the same time and 63 will fit into a season file. With GEM+
> you can have multiple season files, so that indeed is your best bet for
> managing the track, imo.

Ok, so *63* actually. I guess I'm going to have to do some re-arranging.
Right now almost all the installed tracks (about 10 new ones *maybe*) are
in the default season - I've yet to have the patience/guts to try a season
yet.

Old November 14th 08, 06:06 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Rolf Wesemann[_2_]

I think it is 64 tracks not 63

Old December 9th 08, 06:49 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ruud Dingemans

Jan Verschueren wrote:

>>> 63 tracks iirc
>>>

>> Really? that's a *lot*. Thanks.

> I take it you haven't been here : http://gpltd.bcsims.com/ then?
>
> There are 573 tracks for GPL, 128 of which can be in your "tracks" folder at
> the same time and 63 will fit into a season file. With GEM+ you can have

573 tracks? Hmmm, I thought in reality it's quite a bit less (about
400?) - if one excludes alpha's and beta's, I guess.

(Still a lot, though - I doubt if any other race game/sim gets close to
it, in all.)

Regards, Rudy
(GPLRank: -40)
Old December 9th 08, 11:49 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
hoover

On Tue, 09 Dec 2008 07:49:16 +0100, Ruud Dingemans wrote:

> 400?) - if one excludes alpha's and beta's, I guess.
>

> (Still a lot, though - I doubt if any other race game/sim gets close to
> it, in all.)

Well, rFactor does better:

> select count(*) from tracks ;

| count(*) |
| 731 |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

(taken from rF Rank's database this morning) We don't even support
every track out there, so I guess the true number would be closer to
1,000 tracks.

Cheers, Uwe