If you have GEICO Insurance

Old February 22nd 05, 02:29 PM
JR

Default If you have GEICO Insurance

Yeah, but I've heard bad stories of folk trying to get GEICO to pay...for
car wrecks, etc.
JR

Old February 22nd 05, 04:20 PM

hi

Old February 22nd 05, 08:02 PM
Wildatom

My Experience with Geico:

Pro's :
1. They've beat everyone else price out there for my 2001 mustang, and
2 other cars.
2. Unlike my X-Allstate Agent who told me that he gives me more one on
one service then Geico could ever give me, which I replied "You want me
to pay you to be my friend?"

Con's:
1. I had a accident with my mustang which someone ran a stop sign and I
t-boned his truck nothing major just the plastic bumper fell off. Both
that driver and I had Geico, and Geico wanted me to pay my deductible,
which they stated I would never see back since it was 'No Fault' when
it was obvious it was his fault. Not until I had a lawyer call Geico
claims did Geico decide to wave my deductible, and paid for the whole
thing. It's been about 2 years now since that happened and my rates
keep dropping, so yup I'm saving money and Geico didn't raise my rates
because of the accident.

Conclusion (My Opinion):
- If you want to pay low rates, then Geico is the best to go
- If you don't mind stress while battling a claims rep then Geico is
great, just remember any insurance company is out to make money so if
you get in a situation like mine where both cars in the accident have
the same insurance, be prepaired to fight it out with Geico's claims
department, or end up paying more then you need expecially if it's not
your fault in the first place..

Good Luck! - Still with Geico and cringe if I ever have another
accident.

Old February 22nd 05, 11:07 PM

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:29:13 -0500, JR wrote:

> Yeah, but I've heard bad stories of folk trying to get GEICO to pay...for
> car wrecks, etc.
> JR

Hrm, when my car was stolen last year they gave me a rental even though I
had declined it on my policy. They were great, they fixed the car right up
once it was found. (I traded it in soon after though)
Old February 23rd 05, 02:49 PM
Mauricio Tavares

A bit on an tangent, if someone hits you on a parking lot, is that
considered a collision or what?
--
Mauricio raub-kudria-com
(if you need to email me, use this address =)

Old February 24th 05, 02:45 AM
runnininmy70stang

I heard about there so called discounts and gaurantees. When I called for
quote I blew there mind with what I was paying elsewhere and basically
called me a liar. Well Call One Stop InSurance Get quote for Victoria
Ins. 1-866-909-1234 Ask for Scott and tell him Roger sent ya. Ill bet any
money it will be alot cheaper than Geico along with Hartford and so on!!!!

Old February 24th 05, 05:23 AM
Richard

Yes, but if the other drive leaves you can claim (hit and run) you are out
of pocket by your comprehensive deductible.

--
Richard

'94 GT 'vert
Under Drive Pulleys