Iacocca teams with Snoop Dogg

Old August 25th 05, 11:37 AM
Bill Putney

Spam Hater wrote:

> A good step up from the VW engine.
> Yes the head gasket problem is very big, fortunately the first fix is
> usually under guarantee. I've read about the suspected problem, if true
> it will return over and over. About 65Kkms is when my friend's Forester
> had the first replacement.
> It is a shame because they have some very nice vehicles that put
> function ahead of styling- where I am.

Subaru's design guidelines have deteriorated considerably over the years
- ironically to remain competitve. I sold an '86 turbo wagon with 275k
miles on it with the original turbo and engine still running great -
still had the original brake rotors that had never been replaced or
turned and were smooth as silk. That would never happen on today's models.

Today, they have continual design problems with brakes, clutches, and
rear wheel bearings. A real shame. But they run well - that's all that
matters to some people and keeps them competitive.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old August 25th 05, 02:41 PM
David

"Bill Putney" > wrote in message

> Subaru's design guidelines have deteriorated considerably over the years -
> ironically to remain competitve.

Because GM is making the cost cutting decisions know, instead of FUJI
Industries. Amazing the flat 4 and the 6 never really were a problem until
GM took control of Subaru from Fuji, And GM masterlyu introduced cost
cutting initiatives to make Subaru more competitive and grow ther margins.

Old August 25th 05, 09:39 PM
Matt Whiting

Joe wrote:

> "Matt Whiting" > wrote in message
>
>>Bill Putney wrote:

>>>IIRC (it's been awhile since I've been in the Subaru world), it's the
>>>EA82 engine (early 80's era) that is popular for the airplanes because
>>>the cam is gear driven. None of this "modern" belt-driven-cam-crap when
>>>your life is at stake.

>>Yes, that is correct! Although, ironically, many folks use belt driven
>>reduction drive units. They are lighter than the gear driven units, don't
>>reverse the direction of rotation and damp vibration much better.
>>

>>Matt

> I've never built an airplane, but don't you guys think the form factor is
> the big sell for a Subaru-powered airplane? In other words, Subaru is just
> the best of the flat engines. I'm just askin'.

That is one reason, but I think others are light weight, reliability,
etc. And I just saw in my latest issue of Kitplanes that they are now
using the newer Subaru 6 cylinder engine, I think they called it the H-6
or some such designation.

Matt
Old August 28th 05, 05:08 AM
Tom Betz

Quoth "Ted Mittelstaedt" > in :

> Chrysler would have done a hell of a lot better to get Eminem who
> by all accounts leads a far more respectable life than Snoop does,

From <http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/arizonaliving/articles/0820people0820.html>:

Eminem goes into rehab and family strikes

Aug. 20, 2005 12:00 AM

Before we get started today, it may be helpful to remember
that, sometimes, the real reason a celebrity seeks medical
treatment is often a wee bit worse than the case stated. For
example: "had boil lanced" equals "was hooked up to
24-hour-a-day penicillin drip to combat super bug contracted
during long weekend at a two-star Amsterdam brothel with Tom
Sizemore, Courtney Love and Andy Dick." Now read the
following, and set your imaginations on "kill": Eminem, who
bowed out of his European tour this week after claiming he had
succumbed to the celebrity scourge of exhaustion, is
undergoing treatment for dependency to sleep medication, his
publicist says.

Dennis Dennehy says Eminem (real name: Marshall Mathers III)
"is in the hospital under doctors' care," the Associated Press
reports. In related news, even more of Eminem's relatives hate
him.

Jack and Betti Schmitt, Eminem's uncle and aunt, have filed a
lawsuit against the mom-and-ex-wife-hating rapper, claiming
he's trying to evict them from the home he built for them, the
Detroit News reports.

--
George Bush's War of Choice on Iraq is a totally unnecessary war.
Every life lost, every limb lost, every disfigurement, every

Old August 28th 05, 01:17 PM
Bill Putney

That commercial with the two on the golf course has to be one of the
worst commercials ever done. I cringe with embarrassment for DC when I
watch it.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old October 27th 05, 06:46 AM
Ted Mittelstaedt

Default Iacocca teams with Snoop Dogg

0...

:

<http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...es/0820people0
820.html>:

> Eminem goes into rehab and family strikes
>
> Aug. 20, 2005 12:00 AM
>
> Before we get started today, it may be helpful to remember
> that, sometimes, the real reason a celebrity seeks medical
> treatment is often a wee bit worse than the case stated. For
> example: "had boil lanced" equals "was hooked up to
> 24-hour-a-day penicillin drip to combat super bug contracted
> during long weekend at a two-star Amsterdam brothel with Tom
> Sizemore, Courtney Love and Andy Dick." Now read the
> following, and set your imaginations on "kill": Eminem, who
> bowed out of his European tour this week after claiming he had
> succumbed to the celebrity scourge of exhaustion, is
> undergoing treatment for dependency to sleep medication, his
> publicist says.

Ah, well then he's no worse than our friend Rush Limbaugh!

> Dennis Dennehy says Eminem (real name: Marshall Mathers III)
> "is in the hospital under doctors' care," the Associated Press
> reports. In related news, even more of Eminem's relatives hate
> him.
>
> Jack and Betti Schmitt, Eminem's uncle and aunt, have filed a
> lawsuit against the mom-and-ex-wife-hating rapper, claiming
> he's trying to evict them from the home he built for them, the
> Detroit News reports.

Heh. Yup, the entire text of that lawsuit is on the Internet. As I read it
the Schmitts sold their Missouri home, moved into a home built for
them rent-free for a period of 3 years, got paid about $60K a year for
several years while doing it. And Jack is a truck driver it's not like he
gave up a 20 year career at IBM or some such. Since they don't see
eye to eye anymore why don't they just move back to Missouri and
buy another home with the proceeds of the sale of the first one? I don't
know about you but if a rich relative paid my mortgage for 3 years I'd
be pretty happy!

Ted