Hey Glenn Beasley

Old March 4th 06, 11:01 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

Default Hey Glenn Beasley

Glenn,
We recently bought a 1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager. The driver's door
power window stopped working so I had to remove the door interior panel
which didn't go well. So my question is this: How do you get the panel
off without breaking the plastic retainers? Even after getting it apart,
these connectors look like they aren't meant to come apart once
fastened. What's the trick? TIA

Steve
Old March 4th 06, 11:22 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

"Steve" > wrote in message
> Glenn,
> We recently bought a 1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager. The driver's door
> power window stopped working so I had to remove the door interior panel
> which didn't go well. So my question is this: How do you get the panel
> off without breaking the plastic retainers? Even after getting it apart,
> these connectors look like they aren't meant to come apart once
> fastened. What's the trick? TIA
>
> Steve

I use a special tool to remove the panel , it helps in saving the fasteners.
If the interior is really cold it will be very hard to pop the panel off so
warm the inside up first.
Also some panels have 2 screws in the lower part of the panel. If you have
carpet on the door panel look very closely for holes that may conceal the
screws. Other then that just pop the panel off . If you break the fasteners
and the panel wont go on tight see your local Chrysler dealer for the parts.
More then likely you will be buying a window regulator so get some fasteners
also.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old March 5th 06, 12:33 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

maxpower wrote:
>......... More then likely you will be buying a window regulator so get some fasteners
> also.

Yes, your right. One of the plastic "regulator lift plates" that runs on
the guide rail broke and separated from the window. Do they sell this
part separately or does the whole regulator assembly have to be replaced?
Old March 5th 06, 01:35 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

"Steve" > wrote in message
> maxpower wrote:
> >......... More then likely you will be buying a window regulator so get

some fasteners
> > also.

> Yes, your right. One of the plastic "regulator lift plates" that runs on
> the guide rail broke and separated from the window. Do they sell this
> part separately or does the whole regulator assembly have to be replaced?

Any part of the regulator has to be bought at a complete unit. the regulator
has been updated a few times because of problems.
Im not sure what you mean as far as what part broke

Old March 5th 06, 03:21 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

maxpower wrote:
> "Steve" > wrote in message
>> maxpower wrote:
>>> ......... More then likely you will be buying a window regulator so get

> some fasteners
>>> also.

>> Yes, your right. One of the plastic "regulator lift plates" that runs on
>> the guide rail broke and separated from the window. Do they sell this
>> part separately or does the whole regulator assembly have to be replaced?

> Any part of the regulator has to be bought at a complete unit. the regulator
> has been updated a few times because of problems.
> Im not sure what you mean as far as what part broke

The plastic part that rides up and down the guide track and is attached
to the window with a clip.
Old March 5th 06, 11:51 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

"Steve" > wrote in message
> maxpower wrote:
> > "Steve" > wrote in message

get
> > some fasteners
> >> Yes, your right. One of the plastic "regulator lift plates" that runs

on
> >> the guide rail broke and separated from the window. Do they sell this
> >> part separately or does the whole regulator assembly have to be

replaced?

> > Any part of the regulator has to be bought at a complete unit. the

regulator
> > has been updated a few times because of problems.
> > Im not sure what you mean as far as what part broke
> >

> The plastic part that rides up and down the guide track and is attached
> to the window with a clip.

Ok I know what you are talking about now, neway buy that part get the rest
of the regulator free. it comes with the regulator. Make sure the little
tit(scuse my French) on the window lift plated has not broken off also.
Sometime this will happen

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old March 26th 06, 05:41 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

I Know you were talking with maxpower, but instead of a special tool to
remover your panel get a reg. putty knife put an arch in it then
grind,cut, file a 1/2" V notch in the end. Now you have your special tool
for next time.

Old March 26th 06, 01:13 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

--

"JabberJaw36" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> I Know you were talking with maxpower, but instead of a special tool to
> remover your panel get a reg. putty knife put an arch in it then
> grind,cut, file a 1/2" V notch in the end. Now you have your special tool
> for next time.

Lost me on this one

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech