brakes

Old August 16th 08, 02:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
mab6680[_2_]

Default brakes

I'm going to try my best to explain this so bare with me. Over the last
year or so the brake pedal will get low and mushy. Here's the part that
has me baffled it doesn't happen immediately. This is so gradual It will
take a month or two before it is noticeable. If you have to stomp on the
pedal to make a panic stop or pump the pedal a couple of times you will
damn near fly through the windshield if you so much as breath on the
pedal. Then this processes will start all over again

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/...ford.explorer/
More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

Old August 17th 08, 12:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Ulysses[_2_]

"mab6680" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> I'm going to try my best to explain this so bare with me. Over the last
> year or so the brake pedal will get low and mushy. Here's the part that
> has me baffled it doesn't happen immediately. This is so gradual It will
> take a month or two before it is noticeable. If you have to stomp on the
> pedal to make a panic stop or pump the pedal a couple of times you will
> damn near fly through the windshield if you so much as breath on the
> pedal. Then this processes will start all over again
>
> --
> Message posted using

http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/...ford.explorer/
> More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html

Well, you don't say what vehicle it is but one thing you might want to check
(if you haven't already) is the tightness of your front wheel bearings
expecially if you have an Explorer with manual hubs. I had one that became
loose and it did some weird stuff like the pedal would start braking about
halfway down, then it would let go, then it would brake really hard.

Old September 2nd 08, 01:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
mab6680[_2_]

sorry its a 04 xls 4.0L (k) flex fuel