Cost for satellite radio

Old December 8th 04, 02:58 AM
cyberdock

Default Cost for satellite radio

I've got an '05 eddie bauer with the satellite "capable" radio. My
local ford dealer quoted me $650 to actually install the necessary
parts to get the signal. Does that sound right?????
Old December 8th 04, 01:21 PM
Frank Mancuso

cyberdock wrote:

> I've got an '05 eddie bauer with the satellite "capable" radio. My
> local ford dealer quoted me $650 to actually install the necessary
> parts to get the signal. Does that sound right?????

I paid $300 for the unit, components-after market. I can't imaginge what
could possible cost $650 if you already have it a sat-ready unit already
installed. You should be able to activate it for $14, then the 9,99/mo
for the service. BTW, I have XM, and love it!
Old December 8th 04, 03:37 PM
cyberdock

the radio is sirius capable (even has a sat button on it). I wrote
crutchfield who said that they didn't have anything that would work
with the oem ford radio......

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 12:21:52 GMT, Frank Mancuso

Old December 9th 04, 08:38 PM
C. E. White

That is a rip off. Check out a place like Best Buy. All you
need is a compatible reciever and an antenna.

Regards,

Ed White

Old December 10th 04, 03:20 PM
C. E. White

cyberdock wrote:

> the radio is sirius capable (even has a sat button on it). I wrote
> crutchfield who said that they didn't have anything that would work
> with the oem ford radio......

http://www.radiosandmore.com/prod_detail.asp?pn=4047452
http://www.radiosandmore.com/prod_detail.asp?pn=4047453

Other links of interest:

http://www.radiosandmore.com/default.asp
http://www.evisteon.com/prod_serv/mo...io/index.shtml
http://www.f150online.com/forums/arc.../162331-1.html

But
Ed
Old December 10th 04, 04:12 PM
cyberdock

That's great, thank you !!!

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 09:20:43 -0500, "C. E. White"