Radio removal A4

Old May 22nd 04, 09:35 AM
Bear

Default Radio removal A4

Do you really need 'radio removal tools' to get the radio out of a '96 A4 B5
?

Old May 22nd 04, 09:58 AM
Ron

"Bear" > wrote in message
. au...
> Do you really need 'radio removal tools' to get the radio out of a '96 A4

B5
> ?

no, make up some slim pieces of metal and just slide em in

hth

Ronny

Old May 22nd 04, 05:33 PM

i would get the oem parts to remove them. cus the locking mechanism is a bit
convuluted and can esily stick or break any homemade soln. the parts only
cost 4-5$ + shipping from ebay.

i bought mine a few weeks ago.

Old May 24th 04, 12:45 PM
spare-me-spam

2 metal (finger)nail files.

. au...

Old October 31st 08, 04:22 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
phil 57

Hi- I have a 2001 a6 4.2- radio is locked in safe mode- code from audi
dealer does not seem to work- I have the instructions but still not
working- tried to remove radio to put in an after market unit- cannot
remove radio even with the audi keys. any suggestions?
p.

--
phil 57
phil 57's Profile: http://www.audiforum.ca/member.php?userid=7309

Old November 1st 08, 02:33 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
dave AKA vwdoc1[_2_]

Not sure on the A6s!
Does yours look like this with the need for 4 tools?
http://www.bracketron.com/instructions/AUD-104-00.pdf

I will assume that you are not the first owner of this Audi.

news

Old November 3rd 08, 12:22 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
phil 57[_2_]

hi and thanks for reply and the download-
my radio looks exactly like that- I have the four keys, but am not
getting the release.
I will try again and do the wiggling and such. I just wanted to ensure
you do not have to pull apart the dash and behind the radio to get it
out. that is what the aftermarket guy wanted to do- so thanks. I will
keep trying.
phil

Old November 5th 08, 06:04 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
phil 57[_3_]

HI and thanks.
I contacted an audi dealer and had them send me the instructions to
unlock the radio- the interesting part was that one has to wait one hour
with the key in the ignition and the radio on- after one hour the radio
light shuts off and then you can proceed with the unlocking procedure-
that worked! If one does not wait the hour then the unlocking prodedure
will not work- perhaps this will help someone else.
the good new is I do not have to buy an aftermarket unit.
thanks for your help-much appreciated.
Phil

Old November 6th 08, 12:18 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
dave AKA vwdoc1[_2_]

congrats!!!
I thought you only needed to do that "unlocking" procedure when you have
entered that radio code incorrectly too many times which locks your radio.
;-)

news

Old June 30th 09, 01:03 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
SamT

I have an Audia A4 2003 model. Car stood for a week while I was away.
Battery went dead. Friend removed and had it recharged before I
returned. Radio is now dead. Have checked the fuse and replaced it. Any
other fuse box to check or on the radio itself if I remove it?

--
SamT
SamT's Profile: http://www.audiforum.ca/member.php?userid=10964

156 Veloce Clarion (black with green display) Radio Removal Zathras Alfa Romeo 3 August 31st 04 09:36 PM
Alfa radio reception Neil Waterworth Alfa Romeo 3 June 12th 04 04:24 PM
Poor AM Radio reception in A4 Cam Newton Audi 18 May 31st 04 11:45 PM
WTB: Old VW / Audi radio Fred Mau Audi 2 May 20th 04 01:11 AM
radio is on safe mode bofromtherock Audi 2 May 15th 04 01:33 AM