CANADA knows how to sue GM !!!

Old September 12th 08, 03:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
[email protected]

Default CANADA knows how to sue GM !!!

http://www.ng2000.com/fw.php?tp=gm

DETROIT — General Motors Corp. has agreed to settle 17 Canadian
lawsuits that contend that a defective part in cars made between 1995
and 2003 caused engines to overheat and seize, a lawyer for the
plaintiffs said. Colin Stevenson, a lawyer for the plaintiffs, said
yesterday that GM will pay car owners $47 to $752 each for costs of
repairs related to a faulty engine gasket

I shoulda gone to CANADA and bought my SATURN- PIECE OF CRAP with the
casting flaw in the cylinderhead !!! (instead of Saturn or Grand
Rapids, Mi)

so shoulda the 100,000 other casting flaw victims who bought Saturns
in the U.S. !!
Old September 12th 08, 05:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
SMS

wrote:

http://www.ng2000.com/fw.php?tp=gm

> DETROIT — General Motors Corp. has agreed to settle 17 Canadian
> lawsuits that contend that a defective part in cars made between 1995
> and 2003 caused engines to overheat and seize, a lawyer for the
> plaintiffs said. Colin Stevenson, a lawyer for the plaintiffs, said
> yesterday that GM will pay car owners $47 to $752 each for costs of
> repairs related to a faulty engine gasket
>

> I shoulda gone to CANADA and bought my SATURN- PIECE OF CRAP with the
> casting flaw in the cylinderhead !!! (instead of Saturn or Grand
> Rapids, Mi)
>
> so shoulda the 100,000 other casting flaw victims who bought Saturns
> in the U.S. !!

Totally unrelated. None of the vehicles in the Canadian settlement were
Saturns, and the flaw was a faulty gasket, not a casting flaw.

Canada has never forced a settlement of the casting flaw issue, so
buying it in Canada wouldn't have helped you as Canadian owners were in
the same boat.

The list of affected models is at
"http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/September2008/10/c3216.html"
Old September 12th 08, 07:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Steve[_6_]

> wrote in message ...
http://www.ng2000.com/fw.php?tp=gm

> DETROIT — General Motors Corp. has agreed to settle 17 Canadian
> lawsuits that contend that a defective part in cars made between 1995
> and 2003 caused engines to overheat and seize, a lawyer for the
> plaintiffs said. Colin Stevenson, a lawyer for the plaintiffs, said
> yesterday that GM will pay car owners $47 to $752 each for costs of
> repairs related to a faulty engine gasket

> I shoulda gone to CANADA and bought my SATURN- PIECE OF CRAP with the
> casting flaw in the cylinderhead !!! (instead of Saturn or Grand
> Rapids, Mi)

> so shoulda the 100,000 other casting flaw victims who bought Saturns
> in the U.S. !!

Except that Saturn covered more than 1/2 my cost to fix, even though my car was not technically one of the years
affected and I'd reached > 60,000 miles; I doubt I'd have done any better if I'd made my purchase in Canada.
Sometimes ignorance is excusable but MisterFact's history suggests otherwise in this situation -- she/he is simply a
troll. If it weren't that a casual viewer might not know MisterFact's history in this ng, I'd have ignored this.

Old September 16th 08, 04:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
[email protected]

On Sep 12, 11:51*am, SMS > wrote:
> wrote:
> >http://www.ng2000.com/fw.php?tp=gm

> > DETROIT — General Motors Corp. has agreed to settle 17 Canadian
> > lawsuits that contend that a defective part in cars made between 1995
> > and 2003 caused engines to overheat and seize, a lawyer for the
> > plaintiffs said. Colin Stevenson, a lawyer for the plaintiffs, said
> > yesterday that GM will pay car owners $47 to $752 each for costs of
> > repairs related to a faulty engine gasket

> > I shoulda gone to CANADA and bought my SATURN- PIECE OF CRAP with the
> > casting flaw in the cylinderhead !!! (instead of Saturn or Grand
> > Rapids, Mi)

> > so shoulda the 100,000 other casting flaw victims who bought Saturns
> > in the U.S. !!

> Totally unrelated. None of the vehicles in the Canadian settlement were
> Saturns, (so what!)and the flaw was a faulty gasket, not a casting flaw.
>
> Canada has never forced a settlement of the casting flaw issue, so
> buying it in Canada wouldn't have helped you as Canadian owners were in
> the same boat.

That sounds strange! Canada wins a class action suit against GM for a
non-safety issue like faulty gaskets, but doesn't pusue the bigger,
costlier issue of all those cylinder head flaws that causes the head
to crack!

Any idea why?! You seem to be knowledgeable on Canadian class action
suits.

Old September 16th 08, 04:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
[email protected]

On Sep 12, 1:37*pm, "Steve"
m> wrote:
> > wrote in ...
>
> http://www.ng2000.com/fw.php?tp=gm
>
> > DETROIT — General Motors Corp. has agreed to settle 17 Canadian
> > lawsuits that contend that a defective part in cars made between 1995
> > and 2003 caused engines to overheat and seize, a lawyer for the
> > plaintiffs said. Colin Stevenson, a lawyer for the plaintiffs, said
> > yesterday that GM will pay car owners $47 to $752 each for costs of
> > repairs related to a faulty engine gasket
> > I shoulda gone to CANADA and bought my SATURN- PIECE OF CRAP with the
> > casting flaw in the cylinderhead !!! (instead of Saturn or Grand
> > Rapids, Mi)
> > so shoulda the 100,000 other casting flaw victims who bought Saturns
> > in the U.S. !!

> * * Except that Saturn covered more than 1/2 my cost to fix, even though my car was not technically one of the years
> affected and I'd reached > 60,000 miles; I doubt I'd have done any better if I'd made my purchase in Canada.
> * * Sometimes ignorance is excusable butMisterFact'shistory suggests otherwise in this situation -- she/he is simply a
> troll. If it weren't that a casual viewer might not knowMisterFact'shistory in this ng, I'd have ignored this.

You want to refute the fact that Saturn made over 100,000 cars with
casting flaws in their cylinderheads. We've waited years for you to
refute this! Come on and refute the "troll"!
Old September 16th 08, 06:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Steve[_6_]

> > wrote in message ...
> On Sep 12, 1:37 pm, "Steve"
> m> wrote:
> > > wrote in ...
> >
> > http://www.ng2000.com/fw.php?tp=gm
> >
> > > DETROIT — General Motors Corp. has agreed to settle 17 Canadian
> > > lawsuits that contend that a defective part in cars made between 1995
> > > and 2003 caused engines to overheat and seize, a lawyer for the
> > > plaintiffs said. Colin Stevenson, a lawyer for the plaintiffs, said
> > > yesterday that GM will pay car owners $47 to $752 each for costs of
> > > repairs related to a faulty engine gasket
> > > I shoulda gone to CANADA and bought my SATURN- PIECE OF CRAP with the
> > > casting flaw in the cylinderhead !!! (instead of Saturn or Grand
> > > Rapids, Mi)
> > > so shoulda the 100,000 other casting flaw victims who bought Saturns
> > > in the U.S. !!

> > Except that Saturn covered more than 1/2 my cost to fix, even though my car was not technically one of the years
> > affected and I'd reached > 60,000 miles; I doubt I'd have done any better if I'd made my purchase in Canada.
> > Sometimes ignorance is excusable butMisterFact'shistory suggests otherwise in this situation -- she/he is simply a
> > troll. If it weren't that a casual viewer might not knowMisterFact'shistory in this ng, I'd have ignored this.

> You want to refute the fact that Saturn made over 100,000 cars with
> casting flaws in their cylinderheads. We've waited years for you to
> refute this! Come on and refute the "troll"!

Not only a troll but an illiterate one, at that (where did I refute the casting flaw claim?)!

Old September 18th 08, 05:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
[email protected]

On Sep 16, 1:09*pm, "Steve"
m> wrote:
> > > wrote in ...

> > >http://www.ng2000.com/fw.php?tp=gm

> > > Except that Saturn covered more than 1/2 my cost to fix, even though my car was not technically one of the years
> > > affected and I'd reached > 60,000 miles; I doubt I'd have done any better if I'd made my purchase in Canada.
> > > Sometimes ignorance is excusable butMisterFact'shistory suggests otherwise in this situation -- she/he is simply a
> > > troll. If it weren't that a casual viewer might not knowMisterFact'shistory in this ng, I'd have ignored this.

> > You want to refute the fact that Saturn made over 100,000 cars with
> > casting flaws in their cylinderheads. We've waited years for you to
> > refute this! Come on and refute the "troll"!

> * * Not only a troll but an illiterate one, at that (where did I refute the casting flaw claim?)! - Hide quoted text -

When have you ever seriously refuted anything I've posted? If you
can't refute, throw the word "troll" around.
Old September 19th 08, 07:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
[email protected]

> > * * Not only a troll but an illiterate one, at that (where did I refute the casting flaw claim?)! - Hide quoted text -
>
> When have you ever seriously refuted anything I've posted? If you
> can't refute, throw the word "troll" around.

Well it's no surprise to see that MisterHack Korman is still the same
ol' dementia suffering twit. Its been what, 10 years and he's still
got a prickly stick lodged in his...
Pathetic.
Old September 28th 08, 05:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Pete KE9OA

Saturn never had any problem with ANY of their motors, because they don't
use motors in the true sense. They use ION power. There are NO moving parts
in their propulsion system. You didn't know that, did you? You probably
didn't even know that Saturn never even manufactured automobiles.......what
you really see on the road are modified space ships. Want to hear more? No,
you don't..........................

Old September 28th 08, 11:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Jay R

I agree,

We are currently on Saturn #4.

My older son has an 02 SC2 he bought used, wife just gave her 05 ION to our
other son at college, she has a new Vue and I have an early 08 Sky.

Only problem we ever had was a problem with the ignition switch on damp cold
days causing the anti theft to keep the car from starting for a half hour or
so. They diagnosed that on the phone and gave us a loaner while it was
repaired.

I have no problem with them.

. ..

O, Canada !! §qu@re Wheels[_6_] Auto Photos 5 July 2nd 07 02:34 AM
Happy Canada Day vintage Auto Photos 1 July 1st 07 08:53 PM
RBR where to buy in Canada Mike Beauchamp Simulators 1 October 15th 04 04:40 PM