Civic Hybrid starting

Old March 17th 05, 03:08 AM
dxmah

Default Civic Hybrid starting

On my 2003 Civic Hybrid, I noticed in the past few days on initial start
when turning the key over, the engine doesn't start immediately like it
normally doses. I had to turn it several times before it kicked in but after
a delay. Any thoughts on what's going on? Should I be concerned? Thanks/don

Old March 17th 05, 03:48 AM

dxmah > wrote:
> On my 2003 Civic Hybrid, I noticed in the past few days on initial start
> when turning the key over, the engine doesn't start immediately like it
> normally doses. I had to turn it several times before it kicked in but
> after a delay. Any thoughts on what's going on? Should I be concerned?

It's so quiet, it might be hard to tell, but is the engine turning over and
not starting, or is it failing to turn over?
If it's turning over and not starting, then it should be "normal"
troubleshooting. If it's not turning, then it's a hybrid issue... although
it could still be an ignition switch or something like that.

How many miles do you have on it? Still under warranty? In California, if
it's an AT-PZEV, it has a long warranty on some items. I bought mine as an
SULEV, in the last shipment before the AT-PZEV.

--
---

Old March 17th 05, 05:13 PM
dxmah

> wrote in message

> dxmah > wrote:

On my 2003 Civic Hybrid, I noticed in the past few days on initial start
when turning the key over, the engine doesn't start immediately like it
normally doses. I had to turn it several times before it kicked in but after
a delay. Any thoughts on what's going on? Should I be concerned?

> It's so quiet, it might be hard to tell, but is the engine turning over
> and not starting, or is it failing to turn over?

If it's turning over and not starting, then it should be "normal"
troubleshooting. If it's not turning, then it's a hybrid issue... although
it could still be an ignition switch or something like that. How many miles
do you have on it? Still under warranty? In California, if it's an
AT-PZEV, it has a long warranty on some items. I bought mine as an
SULEV, in the last shipment before the AT-PZEV.
> ---
> Clarence A Dold - Hidden Valley (Lake County) CA USA 38.8,-122.5

Hi Clarence:
Thanks for answering the question but it only has 28K miles and yes, I'm
quiet aware of the 'quiet' starting. Again, when turning the key, the engine
is turning but not starting immediately like it normally did in the past. I
read in the owners manual to try pumping the acc pedal down then turning the
key which it finally started...I'm a little worried since why all of a
sudden the change in routine? Would this be covered under warranty if it did
need some type of repair?
Best, Hal

Old March 17th 05, 06:26 PM

dxmah > wrote:
> Thanks for answering the question but it only has 28K miles and yes, I'm
> quiet aware of the 'quiet' starting. Again, when turning the key, the
> engine is turning but not starting immediately like it normally did in
> the past. I read in the owners manual to try pumping the acc pedal down
> then turning the key which it finally started...I'm a little worried
> since why all of a sudden the change in routine? Would this be covered
> under warranty if it did need some type of repair?

For three years / 36,000 miles, almost any problem is covered by warranty.
I would take it in if I saw a big change in performance like that.
Maybe I'd wait for the 30,000 mile service interval, depending on how badly
it seemed to be off normal.
What about the gas mileage? Is this only on one tank of gas, or is it
ongoing?

--
---

Honda OEM Parts Catalogs for Sale Joe Honda 0 February 12th 05 01:43 PM
MPG of Civic Hybrid SoCalMike Honda 7 December 27th 04 07:32 PM
Civic Hybrid [email protected] Honda 8 December 12th 04 04:38 PM
My experience with a Honda Civic hybrid muzz Honda 36 November 29th 04 11:50 PM