2004 TJ Radio Removal?

Old February 6th 05, 02:27 PM
Intergate

Default 2004 TJ Radio Removal?

Trying to take my stock radio out of my 2004 TJ. I have the front
Panel cover off and the radio exposed but there seems to be a metal
bracket attached to the rear of the radio somehow that I can not see.
I can barely get my hand behind the radio after I pulled out the
heater controls and I can feel this bracket attached to the radio but
can not figure out how it disconnects so I can slide the radio out.
The radio now slides out a bout 1-2" and that is it.

I did a search on removal but all I come up with is 98's or older and
those state to take off the center console, which must be different in
the 2004's cause on mine it does not look like the center console
part,( the part that holds all the vents and controls,) needs to come
out. Any body help?

--
Tim

[____]
(OIIIIIIO)

Old February 6th 05, 02:40 PM
HarryS

Remove the dash cover on the entire side of the glove box along with the
glove box, then you should be able to get at the nut holdind the radio in
the bracket.
HarryS

Old February 10th 05, 01:52 AM
popeyeball

Tim,
Sorry I can't help you with the stero removal but I'm curious if your
putting in new stero equipment (seems logical). I am curious if you
have any intentions for the old / new radio? Does it have a CD player?
I interested if you what to make a quick sale and it has a CD player.
Thanks,
Steve in Michigan

Radio removal A4 Bear Audi 10 July 1st 09 10:23 PM
BMW 5 series (E39) business radio removal TrueBlue BMW 5 June 20th 05 02:30 PM
99 Gr Voyager Radio Removal Problem [email protected] Chrysler 1 January 26th 05 06:05 PM
2001 Buick Century Factory Radio Removal and Repace [email protected] Technology 2 January 13th 05 04:55 AM
156 Veloce Clarion (black with green display) Radio Removal Zathras Alfa Romeo 3 August 31st 04 09:36 PM