Changing Spark Plugs 300C

Old November 15th 06, 11:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
4-2LGW

Default Changing Spark Plugs 300C

Anyone changed the spark plugs on an 05 Chrysler Hemi 300C?

How much of a job is it. They say torquing correctly is essential.

Gordy

Old November 15th 06, 09:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

"4-2LGW" > wrote in message
> Anyone changed the spark plugs on an 05 Chrysler Hemi 300C?
>
> How much of a job is it. They say torquing correctly is essential.
>
> Gordy

Not hard at all, and yes like anything you don't want to leave the plugs to
loose or overtighten them.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old November 29th 06, 07:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
werty

OT , Glenn , do you know where i can see a photo of Dodge Stratus
2400cc engine crank pulley and cam gear ?
Trying to figure how much clearance between the pulley
and gear , or is pullley designed to compress gear a bit ?

Old November 29th 06, 07:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
werty

Im curious .... does 300C have long tubes that plug drops down into ?
i see many newer engines have these . Hard to clean !
My 2000 Toy 2700cc had them . I dump gas in the hole
and blew out with shop air , but you always fear there's something
that will drop down in the hole and enter cylinder as you pull the
plug out !
Long ago , buddy of mine destroyed RX7 engine . All he did was
change plugs , but a bit of carbon dropped into the engine and
bit off large pieces of the aluminum matric apex seals .
Fortunately , common engines can tolerate lots of carbon breaking
off and bouncing out the exhaust pipe . Water injection can remove
carbon from cylinders ...

Old November 29th 06, 06:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Steve[_1_]

werty wrote:

> Im curious .... does 300C have long tubes that plug drops down into ?
> i see many newer engines have these . Hard to clean !

NEW engines? Those were used on the 1950s Hemis, and again in the 60's
on the 426 Hemi. The slant-6 also had little short ones, not nearly as long.

Old November 29th 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

"werty" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> OT , Glenn , do you know where i can see a photo of Dodge Stratus
> 2400cc engine crank pulley and cam gear ?
> Trying to figure how much clearance between the pulley
> and gear , or is pullley designed to compress gear a bit ?
>

> maxpower wrote:
> > "4-2LGW" > wrote in message
> > > Anyone changed the spark plugs on an 05 Chrysler Hemi 300C?
> > >
> > > How much of a job is it. They say torquing correctly is essential.
> > >
> > > Gordy
> > >

> > Not hard at all, and yes like anything you don't want to leave the plugs

> > loose or overtighten them.
> >
> > Glenn Beasley
> > Chrysler Tech

The timing belt crank gear bottoms out on the crankshaft and the
harmonic/pulley bottoms out on the timing belt gear

Glenn