Do Not Buy A Land Rover Its a Piece of JUNK

Old May 28th 04, 10:03 PM
theOutdoorMonkey

Default Do Not Buy A Land Rover Its a Piece of JUNK

Your money is well spent somewhere else. Land Rover Charges fortune
for a Piece of Junk. Paid $40K plus for mine.
With a new vheicle at this price you should be sleeping well for years
before worrying about a major problem. NOT if you own a land rover.
Lots of immediate deffects were taken care of by the dealer and I did
not feel much of the pain in my pocket, but once the honeymoon is over
I woke-up and see what I have gotten myself into. A gas hungry piece
of junk that is more problem than its worth and a dealership that has
been waiting to get me.

I am one deeply disappointed customer and user of LandRover. I bought
my discovery series II in May of 2000, and paid $40,000+ with optional
items.
I just replaced my tires at discount tire co and took their advise to
do wheel allignment. Thats when a technician noticed an oil leak
developing around the engine. I rushed to my LandRover dealer next day
to check it out.
My dealer told me that my warranty has expired last week and they will
have to charge me about $150 just to diagnose the oil leak problem and
other problem I have brought up to him related to the so called ,
worthless, climate control system that rarely works right.
I was so unhappy that i did not want to pay for anything. I told them
that I will dig a grave and burry the junk if you are going to tag
hundreds just to look at the problem.

I was stunned for two reasons:

1. I should not really be running into major engine problems with a 4
year old $40K vheicle in such a short time.
2. My warranty expired a week ago but I am sure it took weeks and
months for this problem to develop and become visible.
I guess they know that as a user i am going to discover how worthless
junk their product is and did not value my relationship with them.

The decision is yours but I suggest you look somewhere else or look at
an option of leasing for a period of 4 years (covered by warranty) if
you are so stubborn to listen to others and thing you got to have it.
Old May 28th 04, 10:33 PM
Exit

"theOutdoorMonkey" > wrote in message
om...
> Your money is well spent somewhere else. Land Rover Charges fortune
> for a Piece of Junk. Paid $40K plus for mine.
> With a new vheicle at this price you should be sleeping well for years
> before worrying about a major problem. NOT if you own a land rover.
> Lots of immediate deffects were taken care of by the dealer and I did
> not feel much of the pain in my pocket, but once the honeymoon is over
> I woke-up and see what I have gotten myself into. A gas hungry piece
> of junk that is more problem than its worth and a dealership that has
> been waiting to get me.
>
> I am one deeply disappointed customer and user of LandRover. I bought
> my discovery series II in May of 2000, and paid $40,000+ with optional
> items.
> I just replaced my tires at discount tire co and took their advise to
> do wheel allignment. Thats when a technician noticed an oil leak
> developing around the engine. I rushed to my LandRover dealer next day
> to check it out.
> My dealer told me that my warranty has expired last week and they will
> have to charge me about $150 just to diagnose the oil leak problem and
> other problem I have brought up to him related to the so called ,
> worthless, climate control system that rarely works right.
> I was so unhappy that i did not want to pay for anything. I told them
> that I will dig a grave and burry the junk if you are going to tag
> hundreds just to look at the problem.
>
> I was stunned for two reasons:
>
> 1. I should not really be running into major engine problems with a 4
> year old $40K vheicle in such a short time.
> 2. My warranty expired a week ago but I am sure it took weeks and
> months for this problem to develop and become visible.
> I guess they know that as a user i am going to discover how worthless
> junk their product is and did not value my relationship with them.
>
> The decision is yours but I suggest you look somewhere else or look at
> an option of leasing for a period of 4 years (covered by warranty) if
> you are so stubborn to listen to others and thing you got to have it.

I'm sorry to hear that you had a small oil leak and an unreliable climate
control during your 4 years of Land Rover ownership - I have owned many over
16 years and they have always been reliable and looked after me. I must
admit however that I'm not sure I would describe a small undiagnosed oil
leak as a major engine problem though.

I wonder why you feel the need to post anonymously and not name the dealer
in question? Your plea to others who might be thinking of buying a LR would
be more effective if you put your name to your complaints and named the
dealer who treated you so badly, otherwise you are in danger of just being
taken for a troll.

I hope nothing goes wrong out of warranty with your next vehicle.

Julian.

Old May 28th 04, 10:33 PM
Exit

Old May 29th 04, 03:41 PM
Marcus

Dear OutdoorMonkey

Please ignore Julian (retired hairdresser and LR Fanboy), LR's are a pile of
junk these days.

Sold off the back of a reputation long gone except for the Defender models.

Discovery, Freelander, Range Rover all very nice capable vehicles but sadly
suck for reliability and build quality, the Solihull sad wagons.

--
Regards
Marcus

Old May 29th 04, 05:41 PM
Exit

"Marcus" > wrote in message
> Dear OutdoorMonkey
>
> Please ignore Julian (retired hairdresser and LR Fanboy), LR's are a pile

of
> junk these days.
>
> Sold off the back of a reputation long gone except for the Defender

models.

> Discovery, Freelander, Range Rover all very nice capable vehicles but

sadly
> suck for reliability and build quality, the Solihull sad wagons.
>

> --
> Regards
> Marcus

And what do you drive Marcus?

Old May 29th 04, 05:41 PM
Exit

"Marcus" > wrote in message
> Dear OutdoorMonkey
>
> Please ignore Julian (retired hairdresser and LR Fanboy), LR's are a pile

of
> junk these days.
>
> Sold off the back of a reputation long gone except for the Defender

models.

> Discovery, Freelander, Range Rover all very nice capable vehicles but

sadly
> suck for reliability and build quality, the Solihull sad wagons.
>

> --
> Regards
> Marcus

And what do you drive Marcus?

Old May 29th 04, 07:50 PM
Refinish King

What ever he saw George Michael driving last!

Refinish King

Old May 29th 04, 07:50 PM
Refinish King

Old May 29th 04, 08:57 PM
Exit

"Refinish King" > wrote in message
> What ever he saw George Michael driving last!
>
> Refinish King

LMAO!