m3 Tach pre-warning lights

Old June 19th 05, 09:30 PM
Richard Cranium

Default m3 Tach pre-warning lights

I recently picked up my new M3 and I am interested in what experience
others have had with their M3 with respect to the yellow pre-warning
display lights in the tach.

So far after about 1000 miles the lights have functioned in a way that
I would say is normal. However, the last yellow light has never gone
out. It has always remained illuminated regardless of the engine
water and oil temperatures. I haven't worked the car real hard yet
but I am a little curious how hot the engine needs to be for this last
light to go out.

Do I have a possible problem with my car or does It just need to be
leaned on a little harder after the 1200 mile oil changes?

Thanks,
R.C.
Old June 20th 05, 08:13 AM
TonyK

"Richard Cranium" > wrote in message
> I recently picked up my new M3 and I am interested in what experience
> others have had with their M3 with respect to the yellow pre-warning
> display lights in the tach.
>
> So far after about 1000 miles the lights have functioned in a way that
> I would say is normal. However, the last yellow light has never gone
> out. It has always remained illuminated regardless of the engine
> water and oil temperatures. I haven't worked the car real hard yet
> but I am a little curious how hot the engine needs to be for this last
> light to go out.
>
> Do I have a possible problem with my car or does It just need to be
> leaned on a little harder after the 1200 mile oil changes?
>
> Thanks,
> R.C.

Going purely from memory, my Ms int he dealers :-(, I don;t remember the
last yellow light ever going out either. Wait until the engines run in
properly, not just 1200 miles (ISTR sticker says more), then hammer it. The
shift lights will work soon enough!

BTW SMG or Stick?

Old June 20th 05, 08:58 PM
Richard Cranium

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 08:13:59 +0100, "TonyK" > wrote:

Oops, sorry, it's a stick.

R.C.