iRacing mentioned on BBC news!

Old October 3rd 08, 06:48 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jimmy Jazz

Default iRacing mentioned on BBC news!

"Larry" > wrote in :

> Really. Funny how the F150 and Silverado are the #1 selling vehicles
> in the USA. Well, actually that is being challanged lately but for
> the last 30 years plus that's the way it's been.
>
> -Larry

Yea, well, it's just proof that the USA has far too many rednecks and any
civilized Euro would not want to live there for very long. No, fried
chicken and biscuits is not haute cuisine.
Old October 4th 08, 02:36 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jeffareid

>>> Considering the leaders of the race collided with each other about half
>>> a dozen times or so on the final lap, eventually taking each other out, had
>>> this been iRacing, what would this have done to their SR?

> Yes, it's easy to loose. In Class C, you can lose a full 1/2 point quite
> easily. Possibly more. But a totally clean, 60 lap race will only net you a
> .13 gain back in return.

Remember this happened in a real Nascar race. The first one to get televised,
the leaders repeated ram each other, finally take each other out on the last
lap, then get into a post race fight. Welcome to Nascar.

Old October 4th 08, 12:14 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

"Jimmy Jazz" > wrote in message
> "Larry" > wrote in :
>
>> Really. Funny how the F150 and Silverado are the #1 selling vehicles
>> in the USA. Well, actually that is being challanged lately but for
>> the last 30 years plus that's the way it's been.
>>
>> -Larry

> Yea, well, it's just proof that the USA has far too many rednecks and any
> civilized Euro would not want to live there for very long. No, fried
> chicken and biscuits is not haute cuisine.

Translation - \

Most Euro trash's mothers have had way to much say in their ?up?
bringing and thus would never have the balls or tactics to cut it in the
more interesting parts and cultural aspects of the U.S.

Old October 4th 08, 05:15 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Tim Wheatley

> Yea, well, it's just proof that the USA has far too many rednecks and any
> civilized Euro would not want to live there for very long. No, fried
> chicken and biscuits is not haute cuisine.

As a Brit who lives in the USA and has sat in those 'redneck' trucks,
I have to say they're absolutely luxurious. It's not like they're a
car with one door a different colour or something. The trucks are
powerful machines and they cost a lot of money, no jobless individual
can possibly afford one, they are the vehicle of a single guy (it's
the equivalent of driving a sportscar) or a hard-working person who
actually needs it. There's far more jobs in the manual labour field
here than in the UK (they still pay people a good days pay for a good
days work).

IMHO, no civilized European would make assumptions about an entire
nation based on what he's seen on television or thinks he knows.
Old October 4th 08, 10:10 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jimmy Jazz

"Byron Forbes" > wrote in
:

> Translation - \
>
> Most Euro trash's mothers have had way to much say in their ?up?
> bringing and thus would never have the balls or tactics to cut it in
> the more interesting parts and cultural aspects of the U.S.

There's the problem. USA is not interesting and lacks culture.
Old October 4th 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jimmy Jazz

Tim Wheatley > wrote in
:

> IMHO, no civilized European would make assumptions about an entire
> nation based on what he's seen on television or thinks he knows.

I've been to more stsates than you have had hot dinners, matey.
Old October 5th 08, 12:21 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Byron Forbes

"Jimmy Jazz" > wrote in message
> "Byron Forbes" > wrote in
> :
>
>> Translation - \
>>
>> Most Euro trash's mothers have had way to much say in their ?up?
>> bringing and thus would never have the balls or tactics to cut it in
>> the more interesting parts and cultural aspects of the U.S.
>>

> There's the problem. USA is not interesting and lacks culture.

So lots of people getting killed is not interesting - drugs, mafia,
racial issues, etc? And the basic culture is military/misleadership - the
gods use it to run the show (into the ground). It's the new Rome.

Old October 5th 08, 02:42 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
John Wallace

Jimmy Jazz wrote:
> Tim Wheatley > wrote in
> :
>
>> IMHO, no civilized European would make assumptions about an entire
>> nation based on what he's seen on television or thinks he knows.
>>

> I've been to more stsates than you have had hot dinners, matey.

You'd better hope he's had less than 52 hot dinners in his entire life.....
Old October 5th 08, 03:46 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jimmy Jazz

"Byron Forbes" > wrote in
:

> So lots of people getting killed is not interesting - drugs,
> mafia,
> racial issues, etc? And the basic culture is military/misleadership -
> the gods use it to run the show (into the ground). It's the new Rome.

Probably the shortest lasting empire ever too. The Brits did it so much
better than the U.S. could ever hope to do.
Old October 5th 08, 03:47 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jimmy Jazz

John Wallace > wrote in :

> You'd better hope he's had less than 52 hot dinners in his entire
> life.....

Well, it is my educated guess that he is a vegan so he doesn't eat hot
dinners.

Day 28 in the Big iRacing house <-- warning, long and about iRacing Andrew MacPherson Simulators 29 October 1st 08 08:54 AM
Hey Max here's that picture I mentioned at lunch Peter C Auto Photos 44 February 9th 07 07:56 PM
iracing news Chad Rogers Simulators 36 December 14th 05 06:16 PM
I hate I-95. Have I mentioned that lately? Paul. Driving 2 November 7th 05 06:50 PM
Don't think I mentioned yet, but I got new tires... Cory Dunkle Driving 8 January 12th 05 05:42 PM