car wont start

Old March 20th 05, 04:44 PM
94sundance

Default car wont start

"I have a 94 plymouth sundance and it wont start. i disconected the
battey for a few hours to reset the computer and now it wont start. i
don`t think that there is any spark could i have fried something. all
the lights work the car just wont turn over i know its not a fuel
problem i`ve tried some engine starter in to the carbaratior and it
wont work still."

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Chrysler-c...ict108343.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=506151
Old March 20th 05, 06:37 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005, 94sundance wrote:

> "I have a 94 plymouth sundance and it wont start. i disconected the
> battey for a few hours to reset the computer and now it wont start. i
> don`t think that there is any spark could i have fried something. all
> the lights work the car just wont turn over i know its not a fuel
> problem i`ve tried some engine starter in to the carbaratior and it wont
> work still."

First step, check for computer codes.

To check the computer codes:

With the engine off, switch the ignition key on-off-on-off-on,
leaving it "ON". Do not
go to "start", just "on" during this procedure.

Watch the "Check Engine" or "Power Loss" light. It will turn on, then go
off, then will begin to flash-out any trouble codes that have been stored.
For instance, if it flashes:

flash <pause> flash flash
<long pause>
flash flash flash <pause> flash flash flash flash flash
<long pause>
flash flash flash flash flash <pause> flash flash flash flash flash

Then you have a 12 (one flash followed by two) a 35 (three and five) and a
55 (five and five). 55 means "end of codes" or, if by itself, "No codes
stored. Check the codes and report what you find.

Old March 21st 05, 06:55 AM
94sundance

"Daniel J. Stern" wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005, 94sundance wrote:
>
> > "I have a 94 plymouth sundance and it wont start. i

> disconected the
> > battey for a few hours to reset the computer and now it wont

> start. i
> > don`t think that there is any spark could i have fried

> something. all
> > the lights work the car just wont turn over i know its not a

> fuel
> > problem i`ve tried some engine starter in to the carbaratior

> and it wont
> > work still."

> First step, check for computer codes.
>
> To check the computer codes:
>
> With the engine off, switch the ignition key on-off-on-off-on,
> leaving it "ON". Do not
> go to "start", just "on" during this procedure.
>
> Watch the "Check Engine" or "Power Loss" light. It will turn
> on, then go
> off, then will begin to flash-out any trouble codes that have
> been stored.
> For instance, if it flashes:
>
> flash <pause> flash flash
> <long pause>
> flash flash flash <pause> flash flash flash flash flash
> <long pause>
> flash flash flash flash flash <pause> flash flash flash flash
> flash
>
> Then you have a 12 (one flash followed by two) a 35 (three and
> five) and a
> 55 (five and five). 55 means "end of codes" or, if by itself,
> "No codes
> stored. Check the codes and report what you find.

i got it to start it was the spark plugs they were bad very bad. now
it takes forever to get going i press the acceltior all the way to the
floor and it takes for ever to get going it moves slowley ti`ll it
gets to about 30 then acts normally

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Chrysler-c...ict108343.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=506642
Old March 21st 05, 07:37 PM
b.clausen

If the plugs were that bad, did you do the wires, cap and rotor as well? I
just bought a 91 Sundance to drive as a work car, the plugs and everything
associated with them were shot. Major improvement in running after all were
changed.

Old March 21st 05, 11:05 PM
Christian M. Mericle

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:37:28 GMT, "b.clausen"
> wrote:

>If the plugs were that bad, did you do the wires, cap and rotor as well? I
>just bought a 91 Sundance to drive as a work car, the plugs and everything
>associated with them were shot. Major improvement in running after all were
>changed.

Have to agree. The no-power-until-about-30-mph sounds very much like
the problem I was having. Replaced plugs and wires at the same time
(no rotor). Problem solved.

-- Christian

Save Darfur -- http://www.savedarfur.org/
World Vision (Darfur) -- http://donate.wvus.org/OA_HTML/xxwvi...item=107218 2
ICC (Sudan) -- http://www.persecution.org/Countries/sudan.html
Old March 22nd 05, 07:36 AM
94sundance

"newsgroupinky1" wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:37:28 GMT, "b.clausen"
> > wrote:
>
> >If the plugs were that bad, did you do the wires, cap and

> rotor as well? I
> >just bought a 91 Sundance to drive as a work car, the plugs

> and everything
> >associated with them were shot. Major improvement in running

> after all were
> >changed.

> Have to agree. The no-power-until-about-30-mph sounds very
> much like
> the problem I was having. Replaced plugs and wires at the same
> time
> (no rotor). Problem solved.
>
> -- Christian
>
> Save Darfur -- http://www.savedarfur.org/
> World Vision (Darfur) --
> http://donate.wvus.org/OA_HTML/xxwvi...item=107218 2
> ICC (Sudan) -- http://www.persecution.org/Countries/sudan.html

planing on doing the plugs and the disdriputer tommorw let you know
how it works

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Chrysler-c...ict108343.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=508023
Old March 22nd 05, 03:15 PM
Christian M. Mericle

On 22 Mar 2005 02:36:54 -0500, 94sundance
> wrote:

>"newsgroupinky1" wrote:
> > On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:37:28 GMT, "b.clausen"
> > > wrote:
> >
> > >If the plugs were that bad, did you do the wires, cap and

> > rotor as well? I
> > >just bought a 91 Sundance to drive as a work car, the plugs

> > and everything
> > >associated with them were shot. Major improvement in running

> > after all were
> > >changed.

> > Have to agree. The no-power-until-about-30-mph sounds very
> > much like
> > the problem I was having. Replaced plugs and wires at the same
> > time
> > (no rotor). Problem solved.
> >
> > -- Christian
> >
> > Save Darfur -- http://www.savedarfur.org/
> > World Vision (Darfur) --
> > http://donate.wvus.org/OA_HTML/xxwvi...item=107218 2
> > ICC (Sudan) -- http://www.persecution.org/Countries/sudan.html

>planing on doing the plugs and the disdriputer tommorw let you know
>how it works

And the wires. Right?

Old March 22nd 05, 08:25 PM
94sundance

"newsgroupinky1" wrote:
> On 22 Mar 2005 02:36:54 -0500, 94sundance
> > wrote:
>
> >"newsgroupinky1" wrote:

> &nbsp;> > On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:37:28 GMT, "b.clausen"
> &nbsp;> > &gt; wrote:
> &nbsp;> >
> &nbsp;&nbsp;> > >If the plugs were that bad, did you do the
> wires, cap and
> &nbsp;> > rotor as well? I
> &nbsp;&nbsp;> > >just bought a 91 Sundance to drive as a work
> car, the plugs
> &nbsp;> > and everything
> &nbsp;&nbsp;> > >associated with them were shot. Major
> improvement in running
> &nbsp;> > after all were
> &nbsp;&nbsp;> > >changed.
> &nbsp;> >
> &nbsp;> > Have to agree. The no-power-until-about-30-mph
> sounds very
> &nbsp;> > much like
> &nbsp;> > the problem I was having. Replaced plugs and wires
> at the same
> &nbsp;> > time
> &nbsp;> > (no rotor). Problem solved.
> &nbsp;> >
> &nbsp;> > -- Christian
> &nbsp;> >
> &nbsp;> > Save Darfur -- http://www.savedarfur.org/
> &nbsp;> > World Vision (Darfur) --
> &nbsp;> >
> http://donate.wvus.org/OA_HTML/xxwvi...item=107218 2
> &nbsp;> > ICC (Sudan) --
> http://www.persecution.org/Countries/sudan.html
> >
> >planing on doing the plugs and the disdriputer tommorw let

> you know
> >how it works

> And the wires. Right?
>
> -- Christian
>
> Save Darfur -- http://www.savedarfur.org/
> World Vision (Darfur) --
> http://donate.wvus.org/OA_HTML/xxwvi...item=107218 2
> ICC (Sudan) -- http://www.persecution.org/Countries/sudan.html

i ment the wires ant the distrupiter. already did the plugs

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Chrysler-c...ict108343.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=508441
Old March 23rd 05, 02:41 AM
94sundance

"94sundance" wrote:
> i ment the wires ant the distrupiter. already did the plugs

replaced the spark plug wires and now the car runs like a bat out of
he** checked the computer codes i got 12 21 41 55
Old March 23rd 05, 04:25 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005, 94sundance wrote:

> replaced the spark plug wires and now the car runs like a bat out of
> he** checked the computer codes i got 12 21 41 55

12: Start of codes
21: Oxygen sensor reading doesn't change
41: Alternator field control circuit open or shorted
55: End of codes

The 21 means that the car will run even better (and get much better
mileage) when you replace the Oxygen sensor, which is not difficult or
expensive to do.

The 41 means your battery is either being undercharged or overcharged;
better get this fixed pronto or you'll get stranded.

DS