97 breeze won’t shift (a/t)

Old June 16th 08, 07:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
97breeze

Default 97 breeze won’t shift (a/t)

I was leaving the driveway this morning, windows down music at a good
level and started down the road when i noticed that the rev’s were
around 3000, let off the accelerator and it wouldn’t shift so i tried
to get it to shift by putting it in 3rd and then low and nothing it
stayed in the gear which i assume is first..what could this be?

Thread archive: http://www.AutoBoardz.com/97-breeze-...ict247563.html
Old June 16th 08, 10:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
carlkeehn

"97breeze" > wrote in message
news:1203861_f79ee42db7fbd621b728ecc274b8f689@auto boardz.com...
>I was leaving the driveway this morning, windows down music at a good
> level and started down the road when i noticed that the rev's were
> around 3000, let off the accelerator and it wouldn't shift so i tried
> to get it to shift by putting it in 3rd and then low and nothing it
> stayed in the gear which i assume is first..what could this be?
>
> --
> Posted at author's request, using moderated http://www.AutoBoardz.com
> interface
> Thread archive:
> http://www.AutoBoardz.com/97-breeze-...ict247563.html

It sounds like it went into limp mode. When one of the transmission sensors
reports a problem, the transmission will remain in second gear.

Old June 16th 08, 02:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
[email protected]

On Jun 16, 3:24*am, "carlkeehn" > wrote:
> "97breeze" > wrote in message
>
> news:1203861_f79ee42db7fbd621b728ecc274b8f689@auto boardz.com...
>
> >I was leaving the driveway this morning, windows down music at a good
> > level and started down the road when i noticed that the rev's were
> > around 3000, let off the accelerator and it wouldn't shift so i tried
> > to get it to shift by putting it in 3rd and then low and nothing it
> > stayed in the gear which i assume is first..what could this be?

> > --
> > Posted at author's request, using moderatedhttp://www.AutoBoardz.com
> > interface
> > Thread archive:
> >http://www.AutoBoardz.com/97-breeze-...ict247563.html

> It sounds like it went into limp mode. *When one of the transmission sensors
> reports a problem, the transmission will remain in second gear.

The best thing to do would be to take it to a reputable transmission
shop that
has the appropriate scan tool. If they merely want to do a "test
drive," take it
somewhere else.

It may be as simple as a sensor failure, all the way to needing a
rebuild. The
transmissions in the "Cloud Cars" have been fairly reliable.

-KM

AC stalls Breeze Shawn Hirn Chrysler 4 August 5th 07 05:59 PM
EGR problem 96 Breeze Patrick Callaghan Dodge 4 July 17th 07 12:52 PM
325i 92 Automatic shift problem - will not shift into Park Jeffrey BMW 1 September 22nd 06 03:24 PM
96 ply breeze svtanker1 Chrysler 1 September 20th 05 03:52 AM
1997 breeze ?? [email protected] ( Dodge 0 September 1st 04 01:15 AM