Blower motor shut off with no power

Old July 21st 06, 08:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

Default Blower motor shut off with no power

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Nope, no bueno. Just installed the new unit and still no go, time to
> take that blower control dealy out!
> wrote:
> > I just got my new one in today Installing it now
> > damnnickname wrote:
> > > If the control head is losing the display you are gonna have to

replace the
> > > control head before you do anything else. The Blower motor resistor

and the
> > > control head both will control the speeds of the motor.
> > > Replace the control head and more then likely both problems will be
> > > fixed.
> > > It sounds to me like the control head took a dump and the blower motor

is
> > > in the default mode.
> > >
> > > Glenn Beasley
> > > Chrysler tech

Is you display now working?

Old July 22nd 06, 04:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Joe[_3_]

"Spam Hater" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Bill Putney > wrote:
>
>> They are very familiar with these ATC system parts - they are popular
>> parts because people will often convert from the manual temp. controls
>> to the ATC (which I am getting ready to do on my '99 Concorde) - they
>> often will pull all the components for a complete swapout to convert
>> manual temp. control to ATC.

> UGH?
> My '95 Concord has ATC which I usually turn off.
> My wife's Sebring has MTC which I prefer.
> Maybe I should trade my ATC for MTC. <

Yeah, I was a little surprised by that too. It's a bad move. After I
figured out the fan controllers cost $500 at the dealer and have all been
stripped out of the junkyard, and my ATC controller head was screen hanging
during the dog days of summer, I was thinking I didn't need ATC. I'd rather
twist a knob and get cool than have a computer bake me.

Old July 22nd 06, 04:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Joe[_3_]

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Well Thanks for the help guys, Im not going to give up I was just a bit
> ****ed that I was told what I bought (resistor) was the right thing
> even for an ATC car,
>
> I'm going to try the forum and put up a WTB cause the car-parts.com
> didn't have anything like a blower motor control delay.
>
> Now I know this is super jimmy rigged but hey I'm an electrician sort,
> the resistor just regulates the voltage going to the motor hence making
> it speed up slow down, what if I got a simple knob switch, wired it
> into the positive/negative going into the blower motor control and then
> put it with the blower motor, ran the knob to the dash and with a
> simple mount, mounted it on. I know the ATC part wouldn't work but if I
> cant get this part would that work?
>
> Thanks for all the help again guys I really do appreciate it!

There you go. If you just hook the wires in/out together you'll get max fan
speed. That'll keep you cool at least. Much better than nothing.

Back years ago you could buy a generic fan speed controller. I wonder if
they still make those. It was the kind of thing made by "Standard Ignition
Products" you could get at the auto parts store with the ashtray shaped like
a tire.

Old July 22nd 06, 01:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

Joe wrote:
> "Spam Hater" > wrote in message
>
>>In article >,
>>Bill Putney > wrote:
>>

>>>They are very familiar with these ATC system parts - they are popular
>>>parts because people will often convert from the manual temp. controls
>>>to the ATC (which I am getting ready to do on my '99 Concorde) - they
>>>often will pull all the components for a complete swapout to convert
>>>manual temp. control to ATC.

>>UGH?
>>My '95 Concord has ATC which I usually turn off.
>>My wife's Sebring has MTC which I prefer.
>>Maybe I should trade my ATC for MTC. <

> Yeah, I was a little surprised by that too. It's a bad move. After I
> figured out the fan controllers cost $500 at the dealer and have all been
> stripped out of the junkyard,...

Not true at all. Guys are stripping them and putting them up for sale
all the time on DI.net. Tell them you want one, and they either have it
on their shelf or wil have it in a week after their next trip to the
junk yard.

> and my ATC controller head was screen hanging

Either needs repair or replace, or simply reset (by pulling fuse.

> during the dog days of summer, I was thinking I didn't need ATC. I'd rather
> twist a knob and get cool than have a computer bake me.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')