World War Three has started

Old July 16th 06, 07:15 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.bush,misc.consumers,rec.autos.driving,alt.gossip.celebrities
Gospel

Default World War Three has started

start filling your cupboards wrote:

> Now when Syria, Iran, and North Korea join in the action
> it's going to be a very interesting autumn. Start hoarding food,
> water, gasoline/petrol, and other necessary supplies. It's going to
> be a long winter.

For them. hehh

Old July 16th 06, 07:27 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.bush,misc.consumers,rec.autos.driving,alt.gossip.celebrities
Ivan[_2_]

Gospel wrote:
> start filling your cupboards wrote:
>
>> Now when Syria, Iran, and North Korea join in the action
>> it's going to be a very interesting autumn. Start hoarding food,
>> water, gasoline/petrol, and other necessary supplies. It's going to
>> be a long winter.

> For them. hehh

Does the fact that your gasoline prices have increased dramatically over
recent months due in a large part to 'fears' about the continuity of oil
supplies, not give you some kind of inkling that should the Middle-East
erupt into all-out war and instability, it might just produce some very
undesirable effects in your country is well?

Old July 16th 06, 07:40 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.bush,misc.consumers,rec.autos.driving,alt.gossip.celebrities
Dave Head

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 18:27:22 GMT, "Ivan" > wrote:

>Gospel wrote:
>> start filling your cupboards wrote:
>>
>>> Now when Syria, Iran, and North Korea join in the action
>>> it's going to be a very interesting autumn. Start hoarding food,
>>> water, gasoline/petrol, and other necessary supplies. It's going to
>>> be a long winter.

>> For them. hehh

>Does the fact that your gasoline prices have increased dramatically over
>recent months due in a large part to 'fears' about the continuity of oil
>supplies, not give you some kind of inkling that should the Middle-East
>erupt into all-out war and instability, it might just produce some very
>undesirable effects in your country is well?

Yeah, oil at $200 a barrel, gas at $6 a gallon. We'll survive that, and maybe
to the good effect that we'll get rid of bonehead restrictions on drilling oil
on our shores, oil in ANWAR, oil anywhere we can find it. We might even build
some refineries, too. It'd be tough, all right, but just might be enough to
sweep the enviro-whiners out of the way so we can do things we should have done
20 years ago.

Dave Head

Old July 16th 06, 07:52 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.bush,misc.consumers,rec.autos.driving,alt.gossip.celebrities
Gospel

> Does the fact that your gasoline prices have increased dramatically over
> recent months due in a large part to 'fears' about the continuity of oil
> supplies, not give you some kind of inkling that should the Middle-East
> erupt into all-out war and instability, it might just produce some very
> undesirable effects in your country is well?

We have so goddamned much money that we could pay 20 dollars a gallon
for gas and it wouldn't make a dent in our lifestyles. The US is so
beyond huge and powerful that the only respectable competitor we have
is 22nd century China... and the guys who run China are as smart as the
guys who run the US.

The President of the US is an office that is designed to absorb and
deflect. Knot-head yammerers hurl their invective at him, while the
real stuff goes in behind the scenes.

So yammer on. It's never made the slightest bit of difference, because
as Truman said, "The business of America is business".

Old July 16th 06, 08:47 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.bush,misc.consumers,rec.autos.driving,alt.gossip.celebrities
BlueOctopus

"Dave Head" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 18:27:22 GMT, "Ivan" > wrote:
>
>>Gospel wrote:

>>> For them. hehh

>>Does the fact that your gasoline prices have increased dramatically over
>>recent months due in a large part to 'fears' about the continuity of oil
>>supplies, not give you some kind of inkling that should the Middle-East
>>erupt into all-out war and instability, it might just produce some very
>>undesirable effects in your country is well?

> Yeah, oil at $200 a barrel, gas at $6 a gallon.

You got the math to back this up?
$200 a barrell = $6 gallon, I think you're low.

>We'll survive that, and maybe
> to the good effect that we'll get rid of bonehead restrictions on drilling
> oil
> on our shores, oil in ANWAR, oil anywhere we can find it.

CONSERVATION, 45 MPG, kiss your SUV goodbye.

How long will it take to get ANWR oil flowing?
Do you think someone might attack the pipeline?
A drunk shot a hole in the curent Alaska pipeline, and shut it down.

FLORIDA we can drill off the coast of FLORIDA.

> We might even build
> some refineries, too. It'd be tough, all right, but just might be enough
> sweep the enviro-whiners out of the way so we can do things we should have
> done
> 20 years ago.

Exactly how long would the ANWR oil last?

Old July 16th 06, 08:51 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.bush,misc.consumers,rec.autos.driving,alt.gossip.celebrities
abelard

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 15:47:15 -0400, "BlueOctopus" >

typed:

>"Dave Head" > wrote in message

>> sweep the enviro-whiners out of the way so we can do things we should have
>> done 20 years ago.

dave 'head'...how appropriate...

>Exactly how long would the ANWR oil last?

at least two or three months....
that'll solve it

--
web site at www.abelard.org - news comment service, logic, economics
energy, education, politics, etc 1,552,396 document calls in year past
Old July 16th 06, 08:57 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.bush,misc.consumers,rec.autos.driving,alt.gossip.celebrities
Dave Head

wrote:

>"Dave Head" > wrote in message
.. .

>>>Does the fact that your gasoline prices have increased dramatically over
>>>recent months due in a large part to 'fears' about the continuity of oil
>>>supplies, not give you some kind of inkling that should the Middle-East
>>>erupt into all-out war and instability, it might just produce some very
>>>undesirable effects in your country is well?

>> Yeah, oil at $200 a barrel, gas at $6 a gallon.

>You got the math to back this up?

Nope, its just a WAG.

>$200 a barrell = $6 gallon, I think you're low.

Prolly.

>>We'll survive that, and maybe
>> to the good effect that we'll get rid of bonehead restrictions on drilling
>> oil
>> on our shores, oil in ANWAR, oil anywhere we can find it.

>CONSERVATION, 45 MPG, kiss your SUV goodbye.

45 mpg will likely be low. There'll be all sorts of innovation put on the fast
track. Maybe electric cars that you plug in will become the rage, too. And
again, we'll have to sweep the enviro-whiners out of the way so we can build
nuclear power plants to service these electric cars if we don't want to be
putting millions of tons of CO2 into the atmosphere, not to mention the
radioactive nasties that also come from burning coal (the only other resource
we have in enough abundance to solve this problem - we _don't_ have enough
natural gas, wind, solar, biomass, alcohol, etc. to do it, not even in
combination.)

As for the SUV, the Ford test-hybrid had an expedition doing 33 mpg around
town, 22 in the city. That could possibly make the inventory in a 45 mpg CAFE
world, if enough of the others were hybrids at 60 mpg.

>How long will it take to get ANWR oil flowing?

Prolly 10 years, so we better get started, eh?

The tragedy is that the enviro-whiners have kept us from drilling it for longer
than that, which means that if not for them, we'd _have_ this oil flowing.

>Do you think someone might attack the pipeline?

They haven't attacked the current one yet, so, no - its pretty tough to get to,
actually.

>A drunk shot a hole in the curent Alaska pipeline, and shut it down.

Oh, well, minor annoyance.

>FLORIDA we can drill off the coast of FLORIDA.

Betcherass we can!

>> We might even build
>> some refineries, too. It'd be tough, all right, but just might be enough
>> sweep the enviro-whiners out of the way so we can do things we should have
>> done
>> 20 years ago.

>Exactly how long would the ANWR oil last?

Depends on how fast we pump it, eh?

Also depends on the state of the art in 'difficult' oil recovery, or whether we
find more oil than we currently think is there.

Dave Head
Old July 16th 06, 09:30 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.bush,misc.consumers,rec.autos.driving,alt.gossip.celebrities
Eeyore[_1_]

Ivan wrote:

> Gospel wrote:
> > start filling your cupboards wrote:
> >
> >> Now when Syria, Iran, and North Korea join in the action
> >> it's going to be a very interesting autumn. Start hoarding food,
> >> water, gasoline/petrol, and other necessary supplies. It's going to
> >> be a long winter.

> > For them. hehh

> Does the fact that your gasoline prices have increased dramatically over
> recent months due in a large part to 'fears' about the continuity of oil
> supplies, not give you some kind of inkling that should the Middle-East
> erupt into all-out war and instability, it might just produce some very
> undesirable effects in your country is well?

Make that a long cold winter as heating oil prices surge !

Graham

Old July 16th 06, 09:33 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.bush,misc.consumers,rec.autos.driving,alt.gossip.celebrities
Geoff Miller

Ivan > writes:

> Does the fact that your gasoline prices have increased dramatically over
> recent months due in a large part to 'fears' about the continuity of oil
> supplies, not give you some kind of inkling that should the Middle-East
> erupt into all-out war and instability, it might just produce some very
> undesirable effects in your country is well?

I've long believed that America and the UK should simply take the
Middle Eastern oilfields, much like Japan did in the East Indies
in World War Two. The difference, of course, being that we could
make it stick.

Not to plunder them, mind you, but to administer them fairly and
without risk of interruption in the oil supply, with profits going
to the nations in question (less a modest service charge, of course).
Their present custodians obviously aren't equal to that task.

Oh, and World War III didn't "begin" this weekend. It's been simmering
at a low boil for a long time. Maybe now we'll finally get off our
asses and incinerate Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in his bed, _pour encourager
les otters_. Along with several square miles of surrounding territory,
"just to make sure."

Geoff

--
"It's euthanasia day here at the geriatric society"
-- Sean Edward Vincent

Old July 16th 06, 09:39 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.bush,misc.consumers,rec.autos.driving,alt.gossip.celebrities
Geoff Miller

abetard > writes:

>> Exactly how long would the ANWR oil last?

> at least two or three months....
> that'll solve it

Why do you libbos keep saying that? Obviously, ANWR
wouldn't be the _only_ source from which we'd be
obtaining oil. It would merely add to the total
available supply.

Geoff