99 grand cherokee air conditioning prob

Old June 23rd 06, 11:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default 99 grand cherokee air conditioning prob

I have a 99 grand cherokee, auto transmission, everything pretty
standard--anyway today the dash vents stopped putting out any air (hot
or cold), the defrost vents on the top of the dash work fine, but the
others don't. any ideas on the cause of this would be greatly
appreciated

Old June 23rd 06, 11:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

More than likely it is the air mixing damper and it has failed.
Coasty

oups.com...

Old June 24th 06, 06:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

if u have atc in that jeep then a scan of the atc fault codes would be the
first order of bizz. that will give youi some direction on which way to go.
also if it is a 4.0 litre engine check the vac supply to the hvac at the
intake manifiold nipple to see if it fell off as they do on a regular basis

Coasty wrote:

> More than likely it is the air mixing damper and it has failed.
> Coasty
>
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >I have a 99 grand cherokee, auto transmission, everything pretty
> > standard--anyway today the dash vents stopped putting out any air (hot
> > or cold), the defrost vents on the top of the dash work fine, but the
> > others don't. any ideas on the cause of this would be greatly
> > appreciated

AWA [DEMAND] Buying Air Conditioning Cores [email protected] Technology 6 January 6th 06 06:17 PM
AWA [DEMAND] Buying Air Conditioning Cores [email protected] General 0 January 2nd 06 02:04 PM
Air conditioning vs DRL Technology 40 June 8th 05 08:42 PM
e36 automatic air conditioning controls Q boy BMW 2 October 15th 04 12:08 AM
e36 automatic air conditioning controls Q boy BMW 0 October 14th 04 06:30 PM