leaking strut on honda civic 2002 EX

Old April 8th 06, 04:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default leaking strut on honda civic 2002 EX

Just passing 10.000 miles, I had my oil changed at a private dealership
this time since my warranty ran out last october. The mechanic called my
attention to a leaking strut on my passenger side, recommending
replacement.
After some research on the internet I found out about a strut problem and
recall on honda civics 2002 models in 2003.
I was never notified about a recall, do I still have a legitimate claim
despite the expired warranty?

Old April 8th 06, 04:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

buckeyefreddie wrote:

> Just passing 10.000 miles, I had my oil changed at a private dealership
> this time since my warranty ran out last october. The mechanic called my
> attention to a leaking strut on my passenger side, recommending
> replacement.
> After some research on the internet I found out about a strut problem and
> recall on honda civics 2002 models in 2003.
> I was never notified about a recall, do I still have a legitimate claim
> despite the expired warranty?

Take a look here . . Pour through it at your own speed.

http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/civic/index.html

The PDI is a cool document to read through.

'Curly'
Old April 8th 06, 05:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Safety recalls have nothing to do with warrantys. Even if your car is
15 years old, manufacturers will still replace defective door latches
and seat belts for free so long as there is a TSB on it.