E39 wheel weights

Old April 5th 06, 01:59 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default E39 wheel weights

I don't see any weights on the wheels of my just purchased 2003 530
(premium package wheels). Are these supposed to be added to the inside
of the rims? I'm asking because I get a slight wheel rumble around
70mph that seems to smooth out at around 90.

Ambrose

Old April 5th 06, 02:04 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

> wrote in message
oups.com...
>I don't see any weights on the wheels of my just purchased 2003 530
> (premium package wheels). Are these supposed to be added to the inside
> of the rims? I'm asking because I get a slight wheel rumble around
> 70mph that seems to smooth out at around 90.
>
> Ambrose

The weights are on the inside of the wheels on my E46.

Tom K.

Old April 6th 06, 10:03 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

I've just replaced the tires on my car and asked them to place the weights
on the inside of the 16" Style33 wheels. No problem with that!

vricardo
99 E39

Old April 6th 06, 12:45 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

I haven't driven the car more than 1/2 hour since I got it two weeks
ago. It's still there after driving on the highway for 20 minutes. Is
that long enough?

Ambrose

Old April 6th 06, 12:52 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

I have a similar problem I think.

A very slight vibration at 65-70mph and a low pitched humming which
goes away either above or below these speeds....

I thought it'd be a wheel bearing, but not sure.