PLZ HELP

Old June 16th 05, 11:59 PM
tailpipe

Default PLZ HELP

i have a 91 chevy cal 2.2 litter
how come the other day wen it was realy hot i truned on
my A/C AND IT FELT LIKE I WAS GOING TO PASS OUT
I DROVE MY WIFEY CAR THE SAME DAY AND I FELT FINE THE NEXT DAY I DROVE
MY CAR AND WEN I USED MY A/C ONCE AGAIN I FELT LIKE I WAS GOING TO PASS
OUT I DONT SMELL ANY THING THERES NO LEAKS IN TAILPIPE R HEAD GASTETE R
MANTFOLD PLZ HELP

Old June 17th 05, 12:57 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, tailpipe wrote:

> i have a 91 chevy cal 2.2 litter how come the other day wen it was realy
> hot i truned on my A/C AND IT FELT LIKE I WAS GOING TO PASS OUT I DROVE
> MY WIFEY CAR THE SAME DAY AND I FELT FINE THE NEXT DAY I DROVE MY CAR
> AND WEN I USED MY A/C ONCE AGAIN I FELT LIKE I WAS GOING TO PASS OUT I
> DONT SMELL ANY THING THERES NO LEAKS IN TAILPIPE R HEAD GASTETE R
> MANTFOLD PLZ HELP

Wow. I have no idea. I sure hope you find and fix the problem in a hurry
-- it's making you look like an incoherent, illiterate, snivelling moron.

DS
Old June 17th 05, 01:40 AM
Steve Mackie

> > i have a 91 chevy cal 2.2 litter how come the other day wen it was realy
> > hot i truned on my A/C AND IT FELT LIKE I WAS GOING TO PASS OUT I DROVE
> > MY WIFEY CAR THE SAME DAY AND I FELT FINE THE NEXT DAY I DROVE MY CAR
> > AND WEN I USED MY A/C ONCE AGAIN I FELT LIKE I WAS GOING TO PASS OUT I
> > DONT SMELL ANY THING THERES NO LEAKS IN TAILPIPE R HEAD GASTETE R
> > MANTFOLD PLZ HELP

Not trying to be funny, but maybe you should see a doctor.

Steve

Old June 17th 05, 06:13 AM
Hairy

"Daniel J. Stern" > wrote in message
.umich.edu...
> On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, tailpipe wrote:
>
> > i have a 91 chevy cal 2.2 litter how come the other day wen it was realy
> > hot i truned on my A/C AND IT FELT LIKE I WAS GOING TO PASS OUT I DROVE
> > MY WIFEY CAR THE SAME DAY AND I FELT FINE THE NEXT DAY I DROVE MY CAR
> > AND WEN I USED MY A/C ONCE AGAIN I FELT LIKE I WAS GOING TO PASS OUT I
> > DONT SMELL ANY THING THERES NO LEAKS IN TAILPIPE R HEAD GASTETE R
> > MANTFOLD PLZ HELP

> Wow. I have no idea. I sure hope you find and fix the problem in a hurry
> -- it's making you look like an incoherent, illiterate, snivelling moron.
>
> DS

I think maybe "Tailpipe" has been huffing his namesake.:-)

Old June 24th 05, 06:38 PM

This is potentially a carbon monoxide problem. There may be a leak from
the exhaust system that is bleeding through the air conditioner.

Take the vehicle (with the windows open and a/c off) to a dealer or
maybe your local fire station. They can check the air quality fairly
quickly and it should be free.

Then you need to find the problem. A diagram of which air vents open
with the a/c may help identify the source of a leak. Check exhaust
manifolds and pipes.

You will NOT smell Carbon monoxide BUT if it is an exhaust leak you
should smell the other combustion products.