2002 Honda Accord EX remote starter

Old March 1st 06, 12:49 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default 2002 Honda Accord EX remote starter

Here is what I've been able to piece together about the 2002 Honda
Accord EX. If someone in the know could review it and point out
anything I've missed or got wrong.. Most appreciated!

I'm installing a remote starter, hoping to integrate it with the
factory alarm. I'll be wiring in a starter kill, so I know I'll need
to cut it between the key and fuse box. No biggie, I'd probably do
that anyway.

I'll rig it into the hood pin by splicing into it, and adding a diode
to each wire after the splice.

I'll use the factory alarm disarm wire on the Base Unit to run to the
disarm No unlock wire. That way the alarm doesn't go off when the car
starts. From what I understand this is a pain to get to... but really
the only way shy of permanently disarming the factory alarm.

Aside from that it'll be the standard splicing for the trunk, doors and
whatnot.

The transponder bypass could present a bit of a challenge. In the past
I've just pulled the resistor off of the key and wrapped it up. This
key doesn't look like it'll be easy to take apart. It doesn't even
look like a transponder key... I'll pick up a bypass unit and use that.
Is there any reason that clipping the ridges on the key would affect
it? I don't want the key to actually be able to function if it's
stripped out. I've heard stories of car thieves breaking into cars
they know have a remote starter because they know they just need to
strongarm out the box with the key and use it to start the car and
enable the ignition. I realize they could probably rig something
pretty quickly even if I did this, but the extra minute could be the
difference between getting away and getting scared off.

Thanks!

Joseph Michaud

12volts white + ignition harness

Starter black/white + ignition harness
If doing starter kill, must interrupt the wire between the keyswitch
and the fusebox, not between the fusebox and the starter, to keep
the check engine light from coming on.

Ignition black/yellow + ignition harness

Power Lock black/blue - passenger side fuse box
in a green 20 pin connector.

Power Unlock orange - passenger side fuse box
in a green 20 pin connector

Lock Motor white/red driver side fuse box

Unlock Motor yellow driver side fuse box

Disarm Defeat lt. green/red

Parking Lights+ red/black driver side fuse box

Parking Lights- red/yellow steering column

Hazards

Turn Signal(L)

Turn Signal(R)

Door Trigger black/white - passenger side fuse box
In a green 4 pin connector.

Dome Supervision use door trigger

Trunk/Hatch Pin orange - drivers kick panel
Above the hood release in a gray 18 pin connector

Hood Pin yellow/red
or yellow - hood pin switch or
On the EX models it is in a green plug next to the passenger
side fuse box

Trunk/Hatch Release white/red + drivers kick panel

Power Sliding Door

Factory Alarm Arm
Arms and disarms with the door locks on the EX models.

Factory Alarm Disarm
Arms and disarms with the door locks on the EX models.

Disarm No Unlock blue -
On the EX the wire is located at the drivers power window switch

Tachometer blue tach test connector
The tach test connector is located behind the battery on the 4
cylinder, and on a bracket attached to the drivers side strut
tower on the 6 cylinder motor. The tach test connector is a white
2 pin connector, and may be covered by a black rubber boot.

Horn Trigger lt. green/blue - steering column

Memory Seat 1
Memory Seat 2
Memory Seat 3

Category: Immobilizer Bypass
Required: Yes
Type: Transponder

AutoStart - 2002 Accord AT SE won't work when cold outside. [email protected] Honda 0 December 10th 05 01:31 PM
2005 Honda Accord Coupe miller_m Honda 0 October 11th 05 09:54 AM
accord VS camry (more like honda vs toyota) [email protected] Honda 1 October 10th 05 10:02 PM
1986 honda accord starter problems barryjevon Honda 5 September 15th 05 02:34 PM
remote starter Cory Technology 0 January 10th 05 06:32 PM