Alfa 156 Beeping Computer...

Old October 15th 04, 11:46 PM
Domestos

Default Alfa 156 Beeping Computer...

Just a quickie,

I have a 156 1.9JTD. Excellent car - had it over a year from new with no
problems... Apart from the computer beeping when the car is started in the
mornings. It beeps when I accelerate away or go round bends or change the
angle of the car. The message that appears on the computer console is 'Low
brake Fluid and/or handbrake on.' After the car has warmed up I do not get
this issue...

1) Where is the Brake Fluid resivoir so I can check
2) Why does it cease after running the car for about 10 minutes

Thanks
Domestos

Old October 15th 04, 11:51 PM
Tony Rickard

"Domestos" wrote:

> Just a quickie,
>
> I have a 156 1.9JTD. Excellent car - had it over a year from new with no
> problems... Apart from the computer beeping when the car is started in the
> mornings. It beeps when I accelerate away or go round bends or change the
> angle of the car. The message that appears on the computer console is 'Low
> brake Fluid and/or handbrake on.' After the car has warmed up I do not get
> this issue...

Mine does the same - though does not go away. The brake fluid is suitably
topped up. I think it needs to be slightly overfilled to stop it tripping
the sensor under hard acceleration and turning at the same time.

You can stop the computer beeping btw.

Cheers
Tony

Old October 15th 04, 11:52 PM
Domestos

"Tony Rickard" > wrote in message

> You can stop the computer beeping btw.
>
> Cheers
> Tony

How ?

Old October 16th 04, 12:53 PM
Tony Rickard

"Domestos" wrote:

>> You can stop the computer beeping btw.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Tony

> How ?

Ignition on, engine off
Press INFO
Press + to scroll through the options until you get to BUZZER
Press INFO
Press - to lower the sound or turn it off completely
Press INFO

Job done!

Cheers
Tony