New idea for stopping these deadly speeders

Old December 7th 04, 10:33 AM
Joe S.

Default New idea for stopping these deadly speeders

"Laura Bush murdered her boy friend" > wrote in message
ups.com...

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationwo...orld-headlines

> Sheriff Wants Citizens to Have Radar Guns
>
> By Associated Press - December 6, 2004, 6:05 PM EST
>
> FRISCO, Colo. -- The Summit County sheriff has a plan for cracking down
> on speeding: Giving citizens their own radar guns so volunteers can sit
> by the side of the road and watch for lawbreakers.
>
> Sheriff John Minor said the volunteers would not have any contact with
> motorists and would never be responsible for issuing citations. They
> would forward license plate numbers to the sheriff's office, which
> would send out letters asking violators to slow down. (snip)

> Screw this criminal coddler crap about sending out letters. The
> volunteer with the radar gun is a witness to a crime and that means the
> police can go out and arrest this speeder before he kills and maims.

Why not equip citizens with a radar gun AND a 9-mm. That way, they could
just shoot speeders on the spot and save the expense of a trial? Damn -- I
shouldn't have said that -- with all the gunnuts out there, someone is bound
to try it.

Old December 7th 04, 10:33 AM
Joe S.

Old December 7th 04, 03:42 PM
BeeSki

"Joe S." > wrote in message

> "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend" > wrote in

message
> ups.com...

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationwo...orld-headlines

> > Sheriff Wants Citizens to Have Radar Guns
> >
> > By Associated Press - December 6, 2004, 6:05 PM EST
> >
> > FRISCO, Colo. -- The Summit County sheriff has a plan for cracking down
> > on speeding: Giving citizens their own radar guns so volunteers can sit
> > by the side of the road and watch for lawbreakers.
> >
> > Sheriff John Minor said the volunteers would not have any contact with
> > motorists and would never be responsible for issuing citations. They
> > would forward license plate numbers to the sheriff's office, which
> > would send out letters asking violators to slow down. (snip)

> > Screw this criminal coddler crap about sending out letters. The
> > volunteer with the radar gun is a witness to a crime and that means the
> > police can go out and arrest this speeder before he kills and maims.
> >

> Why not equip citizens with a radar gun AND a 9-mm. That way, they could
> just shoot speeders on the spot and save the expense of a trial? Damn --

> shouldn't have said that -- with all the gunnuts out there, someone is

bound
> to try it.

>>9-mm<< ?! That just stupid. But perhaps one of those fully automatic

assault rifles with armor piercing ammo?! Now THAT's the ticket! [pun
intended]

Old December 7th 04, 03:42 PM
BeeSki

Old December 7th 04, 03:58 PM
Mindless Drooling Libruls

"BeeSki" <deletedonrequest> wrote in message

> "Joe S." > wrote in message
>>
>> "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend" > wrote in

> message
>> ups.com...
>> >

> http://www.newsday.com/news/nationwo...orld-headlines
>> >
>> > Sheriff Wants Citizens to Have Radar Guns
>> >
>> > By Associated Press - December 6, 2004, 6:05 PM EST
>> >
>> > FRISCO, Colo. -- The Summit County sheriff has a plan for cracking down
>> > on speeding: Giving citizens their own radar guns so volunteers can sit
>> > by the side of the road and watch for lawbreakers.
>> >
>> > Sheriff John Minor said the volunteers would not have any contact with
>> > motorists and would never be responsible for issuing citations. They
>> > would forward license plate numbers to the sheriff's office, which
>> > would send out letters asking violators to slow down. (snip)

>> > Screw this criminal coddler crap about sending out letters. The
>> > volunteer with the radar gun is a witness to a crime and that means the
>> > police can go out and arrest this speeder before he kills and maims.
>> >

>> Why not equip citizens with a radar gun AND a 9-mm. That way, they could
>> just shoot speeders on the spot and save the expense of a trial? Damn --

>> shouldn't have said that -- with all the gunnuts out there, someone is

> bound
>> to try it.

>>>9-mm<< ?! That just stupid. But perhaps one of those fully automatic

> assault rifles with armor piercing ammo?! Now THAT's the ticket! [pun
> intended]

Another method which might be employed is to combine a radar gun with a
powerful laser beam, which could be employed to and/or (a) burn the retinas
of said speeding driver, (b) ignite the fuel tank of said speeding vehicle,
(c) burn out the electronics (vital for today's motor vehicles to run) of
said speeding vehicle.

Old December 7th 04, 03:58 PM
Mindless Drooling Libruls

Old December 7th 04, 08:57 PM
The Lindbergh Baby

New idea??? Hardly. And good idea??? Also hardly. Just what the
courts need, cases stemming from untrained yahoos who can't even read
their tire pressure gauges, let alone laser guns.

Plus they'd get kicked in the teeth by you....

John

--
To reply, remove "die.spammers" from address

Old December 7th 04, 08:57 PM
The Lindbergh Baby

Old December 8th 04, 01:07 AM

Joe S. wrote:
> "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend" > wrote in

message
> ups.com...

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationwo...orld-headlines

> > Sheriff Wants Citizens to Have Radar Guns
> >
> > By Associated Press - December 6, 2004, 6:05 PM EST
> >
> > FRISCO, Colo. -- The Summit County sheriff has a plan for cracking

down
> > on speeding: Giving citizens their own radar guns so volunteers can

sit
> > by the side of the road and watch for lawbreakers.
> >
> > Sheriff John Minor said the volunteers would not have any contact

with
> > motorists and would never be responsible for issuing citations.

They
> > would forward license plate numbers to the sheriff's office, which
> > would send out letters asking violators to slow down. (snip)

> > Screw this criminal coddler crap about sending out letters. The
> > volunteer with the radar gun is a witness to a crime and that means

the
> > police can go out and arrest this speeder before he kills and

maims.

> Why not equip citizens with a radar gun AND a 9-mm. That way, they

could
> just shoot speeders on the spot and save the expense of a trial?

Damn -- I
> shouldn't have said that -- with all the gunnuts out there, someone

is bound
> to try it.

Hey! That's a *great* idea. I think I might take my radar gun and
firearm and start watching for speeders in school zones in Colorado.

Old December 8th 04, 01:07 AM