Can you identify this car?

Old January 15th 05, 12:40 AM
Brian

Default Can you identify this car?

Can anyone identify this car? Also, is there a way to find out who owned
the car (or other information) by the license plate? It has a Pennsylvania
license plate that appears to be from 1920 (according to information at:
http://bellsouthpwp.net/r/k/rkretsch....htm#pass06-09 )

Small version: http://home.cwru.edu/~bct4/Unknown_002_small.png (270KB)
High-res version: http://home.cwru.edu/~bct4/Unknown_002.png (4MB)

From other discussions I've had, people have said that it is not a Dodge,
Oldsmobile, Star, Durant, Gray Dort, or Elgin Motor Car.

Thanks.

Old January 16th 05, 11:20 PM
Professor

I can't say about the car, but that gentleman standing next to the car
must have got his tie caught in the crank.

Old January 21st 05, 02:43 PM
Riteous Right Reverend Mahmoud Bin Changstein

It appears strikingly similar to a Hupmobile model R

Old January 22nd 05, 05:06 PM
Brian

Which type of Model R? There aren't that many that have a windshield with a
straight bottom edge.

I found several listed at the site below, but I'm not sure which it might be
(if any).

http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/...ile/modelr.htm

"Riteous Right Reverend Mahmoud Bin Changstein" > wrote in
message ...

Old January 22nd 05, 09:47 PM
Brian

Isn't the radiator emblem different though?

http://americanhistory.si.edu/onthem...bject_221.html

Old January 22nd 05, 10:03 PM
Brian

The radiator cap looks like an angel or some sort of winged... thing.

Old January 22nd 05, 10:05 PM
Rabbit

"Brian" > wrote in message
> The radiator cap looks like an angel or some sort of winged... thing.

That's a Motometer. Early cars didn't have temperature gauges, and the
Motometer contains a thermometer to give a reading of the coolant
temperature inside the radiator. Some manufacturers offered them as options,
and others were bought aftermarket and added by the car owners, so they
really don't help much with identification.

Rabbit

Old January 22nd 05, 10:15 PM
Brian

Thanks for the clarification.

Old February 4th 05, 01:48 AM
Jim M

I beleive it could be a 1920 Hudson. I did a Google search for that vehicle
and it sure looks like one from the photo you have ........Jim

Old May 9th 05, 03:42 AM
me

Couldn't help you out with the car but I took the liberty of having a 'play'
with the photograph.
Unfortunately, I ran out of time but here's where I'm at so far.
http://shonoel.bravehost.com/
Noel
Brisbane, Australia

Identify this part? peteg Dodge 8 October 17th 04 12:27 AM
Identify this broken sensor?? qslim Dodge 0 September 1st 04 02:25 AM
1949 Chevrolet 3100 Truck - How to Identify Carb Steve Antique cars 4 February 11th 04 01:17 PM
Another to identify windmere Antique cars 1 February 4th 04 04:39 AM