Another Question for Maxpower

Old September 9th 06, 12:56 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Hachiroku

Default Another Question for Maxpower

Crunch time...I'm trading SOMETHING for a Scion tomorrow morning.

They are giving me $600 for a '94 LHS. The car is in good shape but needs:
Front Axle
All Shocks/Struts
Front wheel bearing (1)
Exhaust
Rear Trans mount
New tires (all)
Timing Belt
Valve Cover Gaskets

I also have my 'infamous' 1992 Plymouth Gr Vger van. IT needs:
Brakes (all)
Rear Shocks
Windshield
Front Struts (maybe)
Inner Tie Rod end
New Motor

I can get the motor for about 200, out of a Dynasty with 78,000 miles.
I can do more work on the van than I can on the LHS by myself.

I like both equally for different reasons. The LHS is a Boulevard Cruiser,
and I think the most Comfortable car I have ever owned. It looks good and
everyone thinks it's a nice car.

The van is by all accounts a POS, the motor has a bad head and ticks like
a time bomb but always gets there. It has AWD and I have a set of four
studded sonow tires. I play in a band so it is more useful than the LHS,
but let's face it...it's a Caravan!

If I do ALL the work at once on both vehicles, the cost is only about $175
apart. I think the van, according to KBB is actually worth more than the
LHS. The van is also much more versatile than the Chrysler, but I can
carry my amps and instruments in the LHS.

The real question here is, how tough it is to replace the Inner Tie Rod
end? I can do everything else but the struts, the motor and the windshield.
I can get a cheap rebuilt rack for $125 if I have to replace the entire
rack, and an ITE for $28.

I dno't think they'll take the van, so I may end up chewing this. I don't
mind because the AWD is good in the winter.

Any ideas, suggestions or advice?
Old September 9th 06, 11:45 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
maxpower

"Hachiroku" > wrote in message
> Crunch time...I'm trading SOMETHING for a Scion tomorrow morning.
>
> They are giving me $600 for a '94 LHS. The car is in good shape but needs:
> Front Axle
> All Shocks/Struts
> Front wheel bearing (1)
> Exhaust
> Rear Trans mount
> New tires (all)
> Timing Belt
> Valve Cover Gaskets
>
> I also have my 'infamous' 1992 Plymouth Gr Vger van. IT needs:
> Brakes (all)
> Rear Shocks
> Windshield
> Front Struts (maybe)
> Inner Tie Rod end
> New Motor
>
> I can get the motor for about 200, out of a Dynasty with 78,000 miles.
> I can do more work on the van than I can on the LHS by myself.
>
> I like both equally for different reasons. The LHS is a Boulevard Cruiser,
> and I think the most Comfortable car I have ever owned. It looks good and
> everyone thinks it's a nice car.
>
> The van is by all accounts a POS, the motor has a bad head and ticks like
> a time bomb but always gets there. It has AWD and I have a set of four
> studded sonow tires. I play in a band so it is more useful than the LHS,
> but let's face it...it's a Caravan!
>
> If I do ALL the work at once on both vehicles, the cost is only about $175
> apart. I think the van, according to KBB is actually worth more than the
> LHS. The van is also much more versatile than the Chrysler, but I can
> carry my amps and instruments in the LHS.
>
> The real question here is, how tough it is to replace the Inner Tie Rod
> end? I can do everything else but the struts, the motor and the

windshield.
> I can get a cheap rebuilt rack for $125 if I have to replace the entire
> rack, and an ITE for $28.

Acually the real question here is what car are we putting tie rods in??????
you mention a Caravan and an LHS.

Old September 9th 06, 03:02 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Hachiroku

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 06:45:37 -0400, maxpower wrote:

> "Hachiroku" > wrote in message
>> Crunch time...I'm trading SOMETHING for a Scion tomorrow morning.
>>
>> They are giving me $600 for a '94 LHS. The car is in good shape but needs:
>> Front Axle
>> All Shocks/Struts
>> Front wheel bearing (1)
>> Exhaust
>> Rear Trans mount
>> New tires (all)
>> Timing Belt
>> Valve Cover Gaskets
>>
>> I also have my 'infamous' 1992 Plymouth Gr Vger van. IT needs:
>> Brakes (all)
>> Rear Shocks
>> Windshield
>> Front Struts (maybe)
>> Inner Tie Rod end
>> New Motor
>>
>> I can get the motor for about 200, out of a Dynasty with 78,000 miles.
>> I can do more work on the van than I can on the LHS by myself.
>>
>> I like both equally for different reasons. The LHS is a Boulevard Cruiser,
>> and I think the most Comfortable car I have ever owned. It looks good and
>> everyone thinks it's a nice car.
>>
>> The van is by all accounts a POS, the motor has a bad head and ticks like
>> a time bomb but always gets there. It has AWD and I have a set of four
>> studded sonow tires. I play in a band so it is more useful than the LHS,
>> but let's face it...it's a Caravan!
>>
>> If I do ALL the work at once on both vehicles, the cost is only about $175
>> apart. I think the van, according to KBB is actually worth more than the
>> LHS. The van is also much more versatile than the Chrysler, but I can
>> carry my amps and instruments in the LHS.
>>
>> The real question here is, how tough it is to replace the Inner Tie Rod
>> end? I can do everything else but the struts, the motor and the

> windshield.
>> I can get a cheap rebuilt rack for $125 if I have to replace the entire
>> rack, and an ITE for $28.

> Acually the real question here is what car are we putting tie rods in??????
> you mention a Caravan and an LHS.

> I also have my 'infamous' 1992 Plymouth Gr Vger van. IT needs:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Brakes (all)
> Rear Shocks
> Windshield
> Front Struts (maybe)
> Inner Tie Rod end

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old September 9th 06, 03:23 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
maxpower

"Hachiroku" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 06:45:37 -0400, maxpower wrote:
>

> > "Hachiroku" > wrote in message
> >> Crunch time...I'm trading SOMETHING for a Scion tomorrow morning.
> >>
> >> They are giving me $600 for a '94 LHS. The car is in good shape but

needs:
> >> Front Axle
> >> All Shocks/Struts
> >> Front wheel bearing (1)
> >> Exhaust
> >> Rear Trans mount
> >> New tires (all)
> >> Timing Belt
> >> Valve Cover Gaskets
> >>
> >> I also have my 'infamous' 1992 Plymouth Gr Vger van. IT needs:
> >> Brakes (all)
> >> Rear Shocks
> >> Windshield
> >> Front Struts (maybe)
> >> Inner Tie Rod end
> >> New Motor
> >>
> >> I can get the motor for about 200, out of a Dynasty with 78,000 miles.
> >> I can do more work on the van than I can on the LHS by myself.
> >>
> >> I like both equally for different reasons. The LHS is a Boulevard

Cruiser,
> >> and I think the most Comfortable car I have ever owned. It looks good

and
> >> everyone thinks it's a nice car.
> >>
> >> The van is by all accounts a POS, the motor has a bad head and ticks

like
> >> a time bomb but always gets there. It has AWD and I have a set of four
> >> studded sonow tires. I play in a band so it is more useful than the

LHS,
> >> but let's face it...it's a Caravan!
> >>
> >> If I do ALL the work at once on both vehicles, the cost is only about

$175
> >> apart. I think the van, according to KBB is actually worth more than

the
> >> LHS. The van is also much more versatile than the Chrysler, but I can
> >> carry my amps and instruments in the LHS.
> >>
> >> The real question here is, how tough it is to replace the Inner Tie Rod
> >> end? I can do everything else but the struts, the motor and the

> > windshield.
> >> I can get a cheap rebuilt rack for $125 if I have to replace the entire
> >> rack, and an ITE for $28.

> > Acually the real question here is what car are we putting tie rods

in??????
> > you mention a Caravan and an LHS.

> > I also have my 'infamous' 1992 Plymouth Gr Vger van. IT needs:

> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > Brakes (all)
> > Rear Shocks
> > Windshield
> > Front Struts (maybe)
> > Inner Tie Rod end

> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>

> >> I dno't think they'll take the van, so I may end up chewing this. I

don't
> >> mind because the AWD is good in the winter.
> >>
> >> Any ideas, suggestions or advice?

Ok, your post was rather confusing. But why are you wanting to replace the
inner tie rods?

Old September 9th 06, 11:15 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Hachiroku

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 10:23:32 -0400, maxpower wrote:

> "Hachiroku" > wrote in message
>> On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 06:45:37 -0400, maxpower wrote:
>>

>> > "Hachiroku" > wrote in message

> needs:

> Cruiser,

> and

> like

> LHS,

> $175

> the

>> > windshield.
>> >
>> > Acually the real question here is what car are we putting tie rods

> in??????
>> > you mention a Caravan and an LHS.

>> > I also have my 'infamous' 1992 Plymouth Gr Vger van. IT needs:

>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> > Brakes (all)
>> > Rear Shocks
>> > Windshield
>> > Front Struts (maybe)
>> > Inner Tie Rod end

>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> don't

> Ok, your post was rather confusing. But why are you wanting to replace the
> inner tie rods?

THe guy who doesw the state inspections is a friend of a friend, and has
inspected my cars for the past 5 years. He knows if he says something
needs to be done that I will get it done pronto, and when he looked at the
van he said the inner tie rod end was on the way out.

Sooooo....I traded the LHS and am now 'stuck' with the van...The LHS was a
much better car, but most of the work it needed was something I would have
to pay someone else to do. Most of the stuff that needs replacing on the
van is stuff I can do, for the most part. What I traded in depepnded on
how much of a biotch it was to replace the tie rod!

But, even though I don't use the van that much, I live in New England and
work in Vermont, and the van is AWD, and the only GOOD thing about the van
is, of all things, the transmission! So, I decided to keep the van, and
now need to get down to the business of getting it road ready. Winter's a
comin'!!!

Old September 10th 06, 08:22 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
sqdancerLynn[_1_]

Their probably not actually giving you anything for the LHS. You could
probably get $600 knocked off the purchase price without the trade in

Old September 10th 06, 01:09 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Hachiroku

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 03:22:00 -0400, sqdancerLynn wrote:

> Their probably not actually giving you anything for the LHS. You could
> probably get $600 knocked off the purchase price without the trade in

LOL...I know...before I got my current job evaluating software, I sold
Used Cars...

But, I have:
The LHS (Had...)
a Grand Voyager
an '85 Celica
an '85 Corolla GTS
an '88 Supra with a Targa top
Now a Scion tC

The LHS was a 'gift' from a customer when I used to sell cars. He bought
it and then didn't have time for it. I used to give him deals on cars
because he bought 2-4 cars a year from me. I put about $150 into the LHS,
and it now needs about $1200, so just getting rid of it was worth the
'$600'! That's what I was going to sell it for anyway.

Surprisingly, the tC was UNDER book, anyway, so I don't think they would
have flexed at all...SHOOT! THey didn't even want to give me floor mats!!!

A Physics Question Alan Baker Driving 1 September 9th 06 05:49 AM
2005 Mustang Fog Light Question Craig Shaffer Ford Mustang 2 June 23rd 06 06:24 PM
1993 Saturn Fuel Filter Question OHC (SOHC)? [email protected] Saturn 7 May 21st 06 08:39 PM
Ignorant question. Jeepers Jeep 9 January 15th 05 06:42 AM
93 SL1 Valve Body - Question Gary Compton Saturn 3 September 3rd 04 05:58 PM