woodgrain removal

Old November 25th 04, 01:10 AM
TByrd

Default woodgrain removal

Has anyone ever tried to remove the woodgrain trim from a PT Cruiser? Any
tricks, tips? Thanks

Old November 25th 04, 01:40 AM

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 00:10:26 GMT, "TByrd" >
wrote:

>Has anyone ever tried to remove the woodgrain trim from a PT Cruiser? Any
>tricks, tips? Thanks

Same way you removed it from a Ford Country Squire. Get out the hair
drier / heat gun, and lots of patience.
Old November 25th 04, 01:40 AM

Old November 26th 04, 11:12 PM
Geoff

> wrote in message
> On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 00:10:26 GMT, "TByrd" >
> wrote:
>
>>Has anyone ever tried to remove the woodgrain trim from a PT Cruiser? Any
>>tricks, tips? Thanks
>>

> Same way you removed it from a Ford Country Squire. Get out the hair
> drier / heat gun, and lots of patience.

....and expect the paint underneath to be noticeably glossier and less faded
in color than what wasn't covered.

--Geoff

Old November 26th 04, 11:12 PM
Geoff

Old November 27th 04, 03:29 AM
TByrd

Thanks for the tips. I have an 02 Cruiser that was in an accident, both
drivers side doors were severely damaged. I planned to replace the woodgrain
on my new doors until I discovered the cost of woodgrain on just the doors
would run over $1000.00. Absurd, so I decided to remove the woodgrain from
the rest of the car, but wasn't sure what I would be getting in to.

Old November 27th 04, 03:29 AM
TByrd

Radio removal A4 Bear Audi 10 July 1st 09 10:23 PM
Paintless Dent removal ppp-man BMW 17 January 21st 05 02:30 AM
Audi A3 04 Climate Control Removal Nigel Whitwood Audi 0 October 2nd 04 02:17 PM
92 vette targa top quick removal mod... jameson Corvette 8 October 1st 04 03:15 AM