Pseudotropheus Acei

Old October 11th 03, 02:25 AM
Dan's Spam Newsetting

Default Pseudotropheus Acei

Just bought 9 babies of em from a club auction. Currently have them a 5 gal
quaretine tank, until I'm satisfied my 20 gal is ready for them. setting it
up with about two inches of downsouth coral sand and some limestone. my tap
is naturally hard and high ph. any tips before I dump them in the new tank?
that sand won't harm their mouths will it?

it's around 80 degrees. also have a 29 gallon for when they are alittle
bigger. these are my first foray in lake malawi cichlids.

Old October 11th 03, 02:59 PM
Mark

The Acei will need a 4-ft tank in a very short time. You will find
that they are hyper-active and very prolific spawners. They should be
happy with the sand. As they mature they will want to dig spawning
sites under whatever decor you have in the tank.

--

Mark
http://www.cichliddomain.com

Old October 11th 03, 03:28 PM
Rick

"Dan's Spam Newsetting" wrote in message
Just bought 9 babies of em from a club auction. Currently have them a 5

gal
quaretine tank, until I'm satisfied my 20 gal is ready for them. setting

it
up with about two inches of downsouth coral sand and some limestone. my

tap
is naturally hard and high ph. any tips before I dump them in the new

tank?
that sand won't harm their mouths will it?

it's around 80 degrees. also have a 29 gallon for when they are alittle
bigger. these are my first foray in lake malawi cichlids.

temp for the fry is o.k but you may want to lower it a bit as they grow, and
grow quickly they will . Sand is fine. What is the PH level of your tap
water, if it is already high you may not need the coral sand and limestone.

Rick