Another reason not to run red lights

Old January 13th 05, 12:06 AM
Olaf Gustafson

Default Another reason not to run red lights

I saw what looked like it may have been a car at some point that had
been t-boned by an 18-wheeler this morning.

Someone ran a red light. I'm guessing it wasn't the trucker,
although I could be wrong about that.

Old January 13th 05, 12:17 AM
Brent P

In article >, Olaf Gustafson wrote:
> I saw what looked like it may have been a car at some point that had
> been t-boned by an 18-wheeler this morning.
>
> Someone ran a red light. I'm guessing it wasn't the trucker,
> although I could be wrong about that.

I've seen truckers run red lights on various occasions. For it to have been
the car running the red, it would have had to be mid cycle for the trucker
to be going full speed. Otherwise the truck would have been moving much
slower, either timing the green or accelerating from a stop.

One of those rare moments that a cop was actually around and did something
was when some trucker decided because his vehicle was bigger he had right
of way and turned left in front of me forcing me to brake. A cop saw it
and on came the rollers and he went after the trucker. Although it did
occur on a weekend night in one of well covered police hunting grounds.

Old January 13th 05, 12:17 AM
Brent P

Old January 13th 05, 02:10 AM
Jim Yanik

Olaf Gustafson > wrote in
:

> I saw what looked like it may have been a car at some point that had
> been t-boned by an 18-wheeler this morning.
>
> Someone ran a red light. I'm guessing it wasn't the trucker,
> although I could be wrong about that.

Dump trucks are notorious for running red lights;they have tremendous mass
for a loaded dump truck,and they do not like to stop.There have been
several very severe collisions cause by them here in Orlando.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old January 13th 05, 02:10 AM
Jim Yanik

Olaf Gustafson > wrote in
:

Old January 13th 05, 07:27 AM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

>>Jim Yanik Jan 12, 5:10 pm
Dump trucks are notorious for running red lights;they have tremendous
mass
for a loaded dump truck,and they do not like to stop.There have been
several very severe collisions cause by them here in Orlando.

Yup - just like the SUV drivers. They figure they canrun the red cause
if there's a crash, the other guy will die. It won't stop until we have
much stiffer penalties, perhaps based on vehicle weight. The penalty
for running a red should be say $500 plus an extra $10 for every
hundred pounds over 4000 pounds. So a dood in 10 ton = 20,000 pounds
dump truck would pay $2,100.

Old January 13th 05, 07:27 AM

Old January 13th 05, 08:38 AM

Yeah, and you'd shell out $4000 for hauling your lard ass around.
Ever figure out the difference between 6 & 60?

Old January 13th 05, 08:38 AM

Old January 13th 05, 06:40 PM
Sportster4Eva

Olaf Gustafson wrote:

> I saw what looked like it may have been a car at some point that had
> been t-boned by an 18-wheeler this morning.
>
> Someone ran a red light. I'm guessing it wasn't the trucker,
> although I could be wrong about that.

The place I work at is on a pretty good hill..and when people leave,
everyone waits until a couple of seconds after the green before going.
There have been at least 5 fatalities, and countless side impacts, from
people running the light. Many times it is large trucks running the
light because they either can't or won't stop for the light due to the
hill and their weight. I saw a precast concrete truck loaded with sewer
boxes throw a lumber truck that was turing into the driveway a couple
hundred feet one summer. It was hideous. I was going out for lunch and
had I been 10-20 seconds sooner...

--
Paul
'91 XL1200