Decisions... Decisions.....

Old January 3rd 05, 03:29 AM
Paul

Default Decisions... Decisions.....

Its time to award the first "Scott Weisner Lets Cause A Pile-Up," Award
for 2005 and I have two (or three depending on how you look at it)
nominees.

First up, the are the two sloths from OH I saw on 95 this afternoon.
Heavy traffic is flowing about 75MPH and these two in close proximity to
each other are doing about 60MPH creating a 2 mile traffic back up of
glowing brake lights behind them. To their credit, they were in the
right lane, but their sloth caused others going at or about the SL to
have to move to the left and pass, causing faster traffic to have to
slow, hence jamming up the entire highway.

The second nominee was encountered on 17 later in the day. It was after
dark on an unlighted rural two lane road. This contestant was driving a
full sized pick up towing a trailer at about 45MPH in a 55MPH zone with
moderate traffic. His qualification for this award: the trailer had no
functioning tail lights. If not for the barely visible beat up license
tag on the trailer reflecting my headlights back to me, there was no way
he could be seen as his boat concealed the taillights on the truck.

So there you have it. Those are my two nominees for the first award of
the year and I can't choose between the two. If you have your own
nominee, please feel free to submit your nomination for consideration or
vote on one of the two above.

Note: Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend is disqualified from
participating in this award process for being an idiot and Scott Weisner
is ineligible to nominate/vote as the award is named for him.....

--

Friends don't let friends shop at wal-mart or circuit city.

Old January 3rd 05, 04:10 AM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

HUH??? 7 million car crashes in america every year and you blame the
slow (meaning safe) drivers. It's the speeders and DUIs and CPDs that
are at fault.

Old January 3rd 05, 04:34 AM
Garth Almgren

Around 1/2/2005 7:10 PM, Aunt Judy (Pride of Diarrhea)
<http://tinyurl.com/65nqz> wrote:

> HUH???

Read it again, this time a little slower. Make sure you understand each
paragraph fully before moving on to the next.

> slow (meaning safe)

Bzzzzt. I'm sorry, but that statement doesn't logically follow.

Care to guess again?

--
~/Garth
"I am patient with stupidity
Old January 3rd 05, 04:34 AM
Garth Almgren

Old January 5th 05, 07:49 PM
Robert Briggs

Paul wrote:

> Its time to award the first "Scott Weisner Lets Cause A Pile-Up,"
> Award for 2005 and I have two (or three depending on how you look at
> it) nominees.

Let's see, now ...

> First up, the are the two sloths from OH I saw on 95 this afternoon.
> Heavy traffic is flowing about 75MPH and these two in close proximity
> to each other are doing about 60MPH creating a 2 mile traffic back up
> of glowing brake lights behind them. To their credit, they were in the
> right lane, but their sloth caused others going at or about the SL to
> have to move to the left and pass, causing faster traffic to have to
> slow, hence jamming up the entire highway.

On the face of it, that doesn't seem like brilliant driving, but there
is sometimes a good reason for keeping your speed down a bit (heck, on
UK motorways you are *allowed* to drive a vehicle with a *maximum*
speed as low as 30 mph without a police escort) - and even you give them
credit for using the appropriate lane.

> The second nominee ... the trailer had no functioning tail lights.
> If not for the barely visible beat up license tag on the trailer
> reflecting my headlights back to me, there was no way he could be
> seen as his boat concealed the taillights on the truck.

IMNSHO, this fellow is the clear[*] winner since he seems to have
been minimising your chances of seeing what the blazes he was doing.

* Perhaps not the most apposite term in the circumstances :-)
Old January 5th 05, 07:49 PM
Robert Briggs

Paul wrote:

> Its time to award the first "Scott Weisner Lets Cause A Pile-Up,"
> Award for 2005 and I have two (or three depending on how you look at
> it) nominees.

Let's see, now ...