CB Mounting on 2001 WJ

Old July 24th 05, 10:32 PM
Mindy

Default CB Mounting on 2001 WJ

looking for suggestions of mounting a CB in my grand cherokee, not only the
head unit but antenna placement also..have a nice Cobra unit with weather
channels for crossing Texas storm alerts, you need something out
here....thanks so much

Old July 24th 05, 10:45 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

http://www.firestik.com/Tech_Docs.htm
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 27th 05, 12:59 AM
Billy Ray

The best place for antenna performance will be right in the center of your
WJ's roof. That will give the best 'ground plane' effect.

If the radio installation is to be temporary then magnetic mounts are
available and you can run the coax out a window or door. If it is to be
permanent then it would work better actually mounted through the roof's
sheet metal.

Any truck CB or commercial radio shop can handle custom installation. You
can ask at any truck stop or your local fire department for recommendations.
The problem you may run into is where is there free space to mount it?

There are CB radios out there where the controls are all in the microphone
and you mount the working parts under the back seat or wherever is
convenient.

"Mindy" > wrote in message
> looking for suggestions of mounting a CB in my grand cherokee, not only
> the head unit but antenna placement also..have a nice Cobra unit with
> weather channels for crossing Texas storm alerts, you need something out
> here....thanks so much

Any wiring or mounting considerations in installing aftermarket stereo/cd player? [email protected] VW water cooled 4 July 5th 05 07:29 PM
Sirius SIR-PNR1 and Honda Civic 2001 installation brian Honda 4 June 21st 05 06:13 AM
2001 Dodge Stratus R/T and 2001 Eclipse GT Dodge 2 April 23rd 05 05:58 AM
"Al Qaeda" does not exist Awake BMW 64 March 10th 05 12:25 PM
Flasher ? for 2001 up/Led Taillights Intergate Jeep 7 February 15th 05 08:00 PM