71 Mustang BOSS (1 of 1850 made)

Old July 10th 04, 09:34 PM
A Frazier

Default 71 Mustang BOSS (1 of 1850 made)

You may as well let this one rot in your garage, because I dont know anyone
who would give that much for a 1971 period no matter what it is or was.

----

Old July 10th 04, 10:01 PM
Classic Car Fair

It's a bargain by Kiwi standards

Old July 11th 04, 07:08 AM
351CJ

Just shows what you know. lol

That engine the "BOSS with 351" was the panicle of Ford Motor Company's
engine development. They haven't come close to it for 3 decades.
The 71-73 Mustang may not be everyone's favorite, but with the High
Performance 351 Cleveland and 429 Cobra Jet engines they offered some of
Fords all time best engines ever.

As for rotting in the garage, it looks like that one resides in a field, and
has already begun its rotting process.

Old July 11th 04, 09:14 AM
A Frazier

yeah, the "BOSS" mustang was a design that the president of Ford motor
company created.

Old July 12th 04, 07:30 PM
Grover C. McCoury III

Not withstanding the Boss 351 engine specs, the problem was that these cars
were heavy - over 3700 lbs.

Kinda wreaks havoc on power-to-weight ratio...

Yet another $.02 worth from a proud owner of a 1970 Mach 1 351C @
http://community.webshots.com/album/18644819fHAehGJAjt

Old July 15th 04, 09:05 PM
abomb6900

That sounds fishy too me, That makes that car not worth a thing then,
'cause it could have 300k on is and you would never know it.

So I would probally trade my Pontiac 6000 for it.