Civic 2004 Transmission Oil Change: Where is the outlet ?

Old April 10th 06, 09:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Civic 2004 Transmission Oil Change: Where is the outlet ?

Hi,
I crawled under my 2004 Civic 4door LX yesterday planning to change
the transmission fluid and got completely confused.

I did not see any obvious bolt to loosen. Things are kind of
backwards; even the oil filter is on the back of the engine. I did not
find any thing that looked like a transmission fluid pan.

Is there somewhere on the net that I can find the "plan" of the bottom?

I have changed the transmission fluid on my other cars so obviously I
thought this one would be similar!!!

Hope you can help !!!

-Roger

Old April 10th 06, 09:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Great drawings appear at www.hondaautomotiveparts.com .

If this is a manual transmission, I would expect the bolt to
have a 3/8-inch square fitting on the end. You put your
3/8-inch breaker bar (um, ratchet, for people with money to
throw away on tools?) into it and free the bolt.

Buy yourself at least a Chilton's manual for your car.
Twenty bucks or maybe less.

Old April 11th 06, 07:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

The drawings were good. I was able to change the transmission fluid
with no problems. I did find some metal particles stuck to the magnet.
I wiped it clean. I used Honda's ATF fluid.

I will go ahead an buy a Honda manual. That should help in the future.

So, thank you !!!
..

Old April 11th 06, 04:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

" wrote:

> The drawings were good. I was able to change the transmission fluid
> with no problems. I did find some metal particles stuck to the magnet.
> I wiped it clean.

If you change it again in a few days you'll find a bunch of new
particles (it looks more like dark grey paint), plus you'll be way
closer to refreshing _all_ the fluid.

'Curly'