Alfa Customer service and probs

Old September 7th 04, 12:07 PM
Duffy

Default Alfa Customer service and probs

I purchase an Alfa 147 2.0 in oct 2001, although i have had problems
with the electrics on the, it a nice car to drive. I am wondering if
anyone else has had these problems, I have the Connect + sat nav, and
phone, Bose Sound system and CD Player

Volume increases for 8 seconds then drops back to normally level
Volume Cuts out for 8 seconds then come back in
System reset while the enigne is on
Fog light repeataly reporting failure even though it works
Just recently Motor Engine Failure
10 Disc Change doesnt pick all the cd up
These are just a few of the faults

I am also wondering where i stand on these faults after the warranty
runs out.
Old September 10th 04, 03:22 PM

(Duffy) wrote in message om>...
> I purchase an Alfa 147 2.0 in oct 2001, although i have had problems
> with the electrics on the, it a nice car to drive. I am wondering if
> anyone else has had these problems, I have the Connect + sat nav, and
> phone, Bose Sound system and CD Player
>
> Volume increases for 8 seconds then drops back to normally level
> Volume Cuts out for 8 seconds then come back in
> System reset while the enigne is on

Sounds to me like you should get a new CD under warranty, did you
report the faults while it was still under warranty?

> Fog light repeataly reporting failure even though it works

The fog light fault I am certain will be just an earth fault probaly
at the bulb. I had the same fault on my rear for light[ reporting
failure even when switched off] it was the earth contact on the side
of the bulb which only needed bending slightly to make a tight
connection onto the side of the bulb. The return system ie. earth,
only needs to be broken for a split second for the system to report a
fault. When you switch on your lights they will still be working.THIS
IS WHY THE DEALER CANNOT FIND THE FAULT BECAUSE IT IS MAKING AND
BREAKING CONTACT. This job will take 15 minutes to fix, I found and
fixed it myself. Take great care when dismantling the bulb holder the
contacts are just pushed into the plastic.

> Just recently Motor Engine Failure ---- cannot help here.

> 10 Disc Change doesnt pick all the cd up---get them to change the stack under the warrantyif it was reported while under warranty.

John UK.