How would you improve the Corvette?

Old March 8th 05, 05:38 PM
Mean Mr Mustard

Default How would you improve the Corvette?

1. Dump the fiberglass body for aluminum
2. Retire the LS* and replace with a Northstar/Aurora derivative
3. Replace the auto with a manumatic shifter
4. NO convertibles! Just targas and coupes
5. Stop letting the wind tunnel dictate design.

Old March 8th 05, 05:57 PM
dave

drop its price by $30k to somewhere in the mid to high 20's, remove alot of
the over-technified crap and make it more affordable to more people. I
personally dont want all that techno gizmo , traction control, ride
dampening all that added crap. build me a bare bones racer.

--

=== you must first take out MYUGLYSISTER to email me privately ===

ups.com...

Old March 8th 05, 06:45 PM
Bob G.

On 8 Mar 2005 09:38:05 -0800, "Mean Mr Mustard" >
wrote:

>1. Dump the fiberglass body for aluminum
>2. Retire the LS* and replace with a Northstar/Aurora derivative
>3. Replace the auto with a manumatic shifter
>4. NO convertibles! Just targas and coupes
>5. Stop letting the wind tunnel dictate design.

1.Although my wife receives her pension check from Alcoa..I'll stick
with the current material they use for the Body..(it is not fiberglass
btw).

2.Personally I for one am Not interested in a Northstar tyoe of engine
good old pushrods.... ok.. I could live with a little new Tech...

3.This I could live with (vbg)...but I would still order a 6
speed..even if they charged more for it

4.YOU GOTA BE FRICKEN KIDDING ....

5.I would not stop using a wind tunnel I would just give up some aero
effeciency for better and more agressive looking styling...

============================
I would make the car much less of a "cruiser"...I do not need a ton of
the standard "options" now offered... I would also like to see the car
shrink down in size ..at least get closer to the size of a Miata.. lol

Just my opinions...
Bob
64 72 76 79 & 95 Corvettes...
Old March 8th 05, 07:10 PM
Mean Mr Mustard

Bob G. wrote:
> I would make the car much less of a "cruiser"...I do not need a ton

of
> the standard "options" now offered... I would also like to see the

car
> shrink down in size ..at least get closer to the size of a Miata..

lol

I think you're on to something major there. Something closer to the
size of the Ferrari 308 would be nice.

Old March 8th 05, 07:29 PM
Dad

"Bob G." > wrote in message
> On 8 Mar 2005 09:38:05 -0800, "Mean Mr Mustard" >
> wrote:
>
>>1. Dump the fiberglass body for aluminum
>>2. Retire the LS* and replace with a Northstar/Aurora derivative
>>3. Replace the auto with a manumatic shifter
>>4. NO convertibles! Just targas and coupes
>>5. Stop letting the wind tunnel dictate design.

> 1.Although my wife receives her pension check from Alcoa..I'll stick
> with the current material they use for the Body..(it is not fiberglass
> btw).
>
> 2.Personally I for one am Not interested in a Northstar tyoe of engine
> good old pushrods.... ok.. I could live with a little new Tech...
>
> 3.This I could live with (vbg)...but I would still order a 6
> speed..even if they charged more for it
>
> 4.YOU GOTA BE FRICKEN KIDDING ....
>
> 5.I would not stop using a wind tunnel I would just give up some aero
> effeciency for better and more agressive looking styling...
>
> ============================
> I would make the car much less of a "cruiser"...I do not need a ton of
> the standard "options" now offered... I would also like to see the car
> shrink down in size ..at least get closer to the size of a Miata.. lol
>
> Just my opinions...
> Bob
> 64 72 76 79 & 95 Corvettes...

Actually I think all 5 were a load of crap and something a magazine reader
would propose. Back to basics might be a good thing, no more gadgets.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old March 8th 05, 07:49 PM
Mean Mr Mustard

Dad wrote:
> Actually I think all 5 were a load of crap and something a magazine

reader
> would propose. Back to basics might be a good thing, no more gadgets.
> --
> Dad
> 05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
> 72 Shark Black/Black/4spd

You mean like drum brakes and no power steering?

Old March 8th 05, 11:16 PM
Dad

"Mean Mr Mustard" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Dad wrote:
>> Actually I think all 5 were a load of crap and something a magazine

> reader
>> would propose. Back to basics might be a good thing, no more gadgets.
>> --
>> Dad
>> 05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
>> 72 Shark Black/Black/4spd

> You mean like drum brakes and no power steering?

What's wrong with that, my 72 is so equipped and no power on the brakes
either.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old March 9th 05, 12:37 AM
Grayfox

One early photo I have is where GM actually made a Vette based on a Ferrari
308Gt..they should have stayed with that....photo shows a Ferrari and the
Vette copy together.

My Vette ( 1993 ) has a remote that locks and unlocks the doors when you
walk away from it or approach it..HOW LAZY CAN YOU GET...don't even have to
push the remote buttons...do we need this..added $$$$..???

Old March 9th 05, 01:22 AM
RicSeyler

Mean Mr Mustard wrote:

>1. Dump the fiberglass body for aluminum

Huh??? NADA Why not just change the name too? LOL

>2. Retire the LS* and replace with a Northstar/Aurora derivative

Double Huh?? Not Bloody Likely (500hp pushrod engine LS) Screw a Northstar

>3. Replace the auto with a manumatic shifter

Should have both options. Seems myopic to take that choice away.
Many physically need an automatic.

>4. NO convertibles! Just targas and coupes

Triple Huh?? Troll post?? hehehe

>5. Stop letting the wind tunnel dictate design.

Depends what you mean by this..... kinda wondering with 1,2 & 4 coming
from ya. LOL

--
Ric Seyler

Old March 9th 05, 02:18 AM
Paul

PAINT -- PAINT -- PAINT !!

The orangepeel on showroom C6s and XLRs is gross. Someone in Bowling
Green must believe that clearcoat is a leveling agent.

Paul.