First Ticket In My Vette

Old March 6th 05, 02:57 AM
Tom

Default First Ticket In My Vette

I was rollin' along on the interstate in the hammer lane being followed
by a newer model Mustang. Actually I was in a bit of a hurry and the
company at 90+ mph was appreciated. So, I approach an overpass and as I
get to it I look left and there the cop was.

I thought there were laws against the cop hiding???

Anyway...I let off the pedal and slow down while moving to the middle
lane, the Mustang rips on by me. I figure I'm busted but didn't see the
cop anymore. I see an exit up ahead and move to the right lane to make
the exit. Still no cop in sight. As I'm pulling up to the road at the
bottom of the off ramp....the cop was on my tail. I casually turn and
come to a stoplight that is red. The light turns green and his lights
come on. DAMMIT!

Well, he tells me I was clocked at 83 in a 55. He writes the ticket and
as he hands it to me, tells me that he wrote it for 70 in a 55. He gave
me a paper that had the standard traffic fines on it with the 28mph
(83mph) over the limit underlined with a $211 fine + 6 points and the
15mph(70mph) over underlined with a $111 fine + 2 points. Told me to slow
down and have a nice day. I said thank you sir and drove away carefully.

I think I will fight it. LOL
--
Tom

"That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest."
-Henry Thoreau
Old March 6th 05, 03:55 AM
Tom in Missouri

"Tom" > wrote in message
> I was rollin' along on the interstate in the hammer lane being followed
> by a newer model Mustang. Actually I was in a bit of a hurry and the
> company at 90+ mph was appreciated. So, I approach an overpass and as I
> get to it I look left and there the cop was.
>
> I thought there were laws against the cop hiding???

You joke, right?

> Anyway...I let off the pedal and slow down while moving to the middle
> lane, the Mustang rips on by me. I figure I'm busted but didn't see the
> cop anymore. I see an exit up ahead and move to the right lane to make

Remember the old joke about two guys outrunning the bear? You dont' have to
outrun the bear, just the other guy.

Of course, you need to check your laws before you do, as some states evading
a cop is not a traffic offense but a felony. So instead of a nasty ticket,
you get jail time and a permanent arrest record that tracks to each of your
employeers for the rest of your life, and may prevent you from getting some
jobs.

> Well, he tells me I was clocked at 83 in a 55. He writes the ticket and
> as he hands it to me, tells me that he wrote it for 70 in a 55. He gave
> me a paper that had the standard traffic fines on it with the 28mph
> (83mph) over the limit underlined with a $211 fine + 6 points and the
> 15mph(70mph) over underlined with a $111 fine + 2 points. Told me to slow
> down and have a nice day. I said thank you sir and drove away carefully.
>

> I think I will fight it. LOL

I wouldn't, not without a lawyer. If you show up and the cop remembers
giving you a break (he has notes), he will be really PO'ed, let the judge
know, and you will find that court costs can double or triple what they are
on the paper ticket.

And any state that has a 55 mph limit on the interstate means one of two
things: you are not going to have much leniency on the speed because they
want 55 to catch speeders (make money) - or - you were in an urban zone
where the feds have dictated the 55 limit and where you have no business
doing 90+.

Old March 6th 05, 12:50 PM
Scubabix

> I think I will fight it. LOL

Just remember, if you do this without a lawyer, you're going to admit guilt
to tell the judge the others were speeding too. The cop will say he saw you
first and can only stop one at at time.The judge will probably be thinking
or even saying, "if the other guy jumped off a cliff, would you too?"

Rob

Old March 6th 05, 09:14 PM
TF

> Well, he tells me I was clocked at 83 in a 55. He writes the ticket and
> as he hands it to me, tells me that he wrote it for 70 in a 55. He gave
> me a paper that had the standard traffic fines on it with the 28mph
> (83mph) over the limit underlined with a $211 fine + 6 points and the
> 15mph(70mph) over underlined with a $111 fine + 2 points. Told me to slow
> down and have a nice day. I said thank you sir and drove away carefully.
>

> I think I will fight it. LOL

Fight it?
How?
Take the break he cut you.
Most people get lawyers to get the speed reduced, though they don't do that
after the fact anymore because it's perjury to change facts in court.
Take the break and consider yourself fortunate he gave it to you.
TF

Old March 6th 05, 10:56 PM
BDragon

"TF" > wrote in message ...
> > Well, he tells me I was clocked at 83 in a 55. He writes the ticket and
> > as he hands it to me, tells me that he wrote it for 70 in a 55. He gave
> > me a paper that had the standard traffic fines on it with the 28mph
> > (83mph) over the limit underlined with a $211 fine + 6 points and the
> > 15mph(70mph) over underlined with a $111 fine + 2 points. Told me to

slow
> > down and have a nice day. I said thank you sir and drove away carefully.
> >

> > I think I will fight it. LOL

> Fight it?
> How?
> Take the break he cut you.
> Most people get lawyers to get the speed reduced, though they don't do

that
> after the fact anymore because it's perjury to change facts in court.
> Take the break and consider yourself fortunate he gave it to you.
> TF
>

> > --
> > Tom
> >
> > "That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest."
> > -Henry Thoreau

Doesn't anyone notice the LOL posted after the comment? He is making a
joke. He's not serious. He considers himself lucky. It is sarcasm. It is
meant to be funny. He's not going to court. He knows he got off lightly.
And stuff like that.

Old March 7th 05, 04:51 AM
Tom

As BDragon stated so eloquently:

> Doesn't anyone notice the LOL posted after the comment? He is making
> a joke. He's not serious. He considers himself lucky. It is
> sarcasm. It is meant to be funny. He's not going to court. He knows
> he got off lightly. And stuff like that.

LOL...well...someone got it.

Old March 7th 05, 05:12 AM
'Key

"Tom" > wrote in message
>I was rollin' along on the interstate in the hammer lane
>being followed
> by a newer model Mustang. Actually I was in a bit of a
> hurry and the
> company at 90+ mph was appreciated. So, I approach an
> overpass and as I
> get to it I look left and there the cop was.
>
> I thought there were laws against the cop hiding???
>
> Anyway...I let off the pedal and slow down while moving to
> the middle
> lane, the Mustang rips on by me. I figure I'm busted but
> didn't see the
> cop anymore. I see an exit up ahead and move to the right
> lane to make
> the exit. Still no cop in sight. As I'm pulling up to the
> road at the
> bottom of the off ramp....the cop was on my tail. I
> casually turn and
> come to a stoplight that is red. The light turns green and
> his lights
> come on. DAMMIT!
>
> Well, he tells me I was clocked at 83 in a 55. He writes
> the ticket and
> as he hands it to me, tells me that he wrote it for 70 in
> a 55. He gave
> me a paper that had the standard traffic fines on it with
> the 28mph
> (83mph) over the limit underlined with a $211 fine + 6
> points and the
> 15mph(70mph) over underlined with a $111 fine + 2 points.
> Told me to slow
> down and have a nice day. I said thank you sir and drove
> away carefully.
>

> I think I will fight it. LOL
> --
> Tom
>
> "That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest."
> -Henry Thoreau

you admit speeding.
the officer gave you a break and you still want to fight it.
if I were that officer ? I would find you, follow you till
you screwed up and write you up again..

no flame intended
--
"Key"

Old March 7th 05, 04:16 PM
RicSeyler

LOLOL
Just show up with a Bin Laden mask on,
the court will see that you have a sense of humor,
all will have a good laugh and they will probably buy you lunch.
Or throw you under the jail. hehehehehe ;-)

Although, I would peruse what ever it took to get the points cleared.
Here you can take classes <makes whacking motion with hand> to get rid
of them,
but as anything that has to do with the court system, it will cost you a
bunch of money.

--
Ric Seyler

Old March 7th 05, 04:39 PM
Dad

"RicSeyler" > wrote in message
.. .
> LOLOL
> Just show up with a Bin Laden mask on,
> the court will see that you have a sense of humor,
> all will have a good laugh and they will probably buy you lunch.
> Or throw you under the jail. hehehehehe ;-)
>
> Although, I would peruse what ever it took to get the points cleared.
> Here you can take classes <makes whacking motion with hand> to get rid of
> them, but as anything that has to do with the court system, it will cost
> you a bunch of money.
> --
> Ric Seyler

OR, you can do what I do and tell them your Depends are full and you need to
get home for the next act. Normally they let me go, home that is. Of course
you run the chance of a female officer with a fecal fetish stopping you and
then you're in deep do do. If you hang in there with her at the very least
your insurance won't go up. ;-)

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51