Topgear tonight

Old July 6th 08, 04:41 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Dave Emerson

Default Topgear tonight

"All three of the presenters go on the hunt for the holy grail of motoring -
a reliable used Alfa Romeo - with predictably messy results."

This has been a public service announcement.

--
Dave
ex Motorcycle Maintenance Workshop

Old July 6th 08, 04:44 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
cupra

I suspect a fair amount of **** taking.....

Old July 6th 08, 08:26 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Synapse Syndrome[_2_]

" cupra" > wrote in message
>> "All three of the presenters go on the hunt for the holy grail of
>> motoring - a reliable used Alfa Romeo - with predictably messy results."
>>
>> This has been a public service announcement.

> I suspect a fair amount of **** taking.....

No, they have always loved Alfas. But they seem to be being rather reckless
with the old classics at the moment!

ss.

Old July 6th 08, 08:49 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
SteveH

Synapse Syndrome > wrote:

> " cupra" > wrote in message
> >> "All three of the presenters go on the hunt for the holy grail of
> >> motoring - a reliable used Alfa Romeo - with predictably messy results."
> >>
> >> This has been a public service announcement.

> > I suspect a fair amount of **** taking.....

> No, they have always loved Alfas. But they seem to be being rather reckless
> with the old classics at the moment!

I'm going to have to get back to it later - watching what is possibly
the greatest game of tennis ever.

www.italiancar.co.uk - Ducati 750SS - Hongdou GY200
Alfa 75 TSpark - Alfa 156 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI SE
Old July 7th 08, 04:30 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

SteveH wrote:
> Synapse Syndrome > wrote:

>>> I suspect a fair amount of **** taking.....

>> No, they have always loved Alfas. But they seem to be being rather reckless
>> with the old classics at the moment!

> I'm going to have to get back to it later - watching what is possibly
> the greatest game of tennis ever.

It was never going to end well. That much was obvious the moment they
pulled up.

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 145 2.0 Cloverleaf 156 V6 2.5 S2
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old July 7th 08, 06:57 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Dave Emerson

"Catman" > wrote in message
> SteveH wrote:
>> Synapse Syndrome > wrote:

>>> No, they have always loved Alfas. But they seem to be being rather
>>> reckless
>>> with the old classics at the moment!

>> I'm going to have to get back to it later - watching what is possibly
>> the greatest game of tennis ever.
>>

> It was never going to end well. That much was obvious the moment they
> pulled up.

At least Clackson acknowledged the beauty of a passing Bertone GTV.

As the proud owner of a 1968 Mk1 1750 GT Veloce, I could at least agree with
that statement.

The "ramming up the back" bit was getting stale halfway through the item and
they really should have given it a rest.

Overall I think it was the most disappointing TG of the last few years.

Old July 7th 08, 08:34 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

Dave Emerson wrote:
> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> SteveH wrote:

>>> I'm going to have to get back to it later - watching what is possibly
>>> the greatest game of tennis ever.
>>>

>> It was never going to end well. That much was obvious the moment they
>> pulled up.

> At least Clackson acknowledged the beauty of a passing Bertone GTV.
>
> As the proud owner of a 1968 Mk1 1750 GT Veloce, I could at least agree with
> that statement.

Oh indeed

> The "ramming up the back" bit was getting stale halfway through the item and
> they really should have given it a rest.

Running gag. They always do it to James.

Old July 7th 08, 08:35 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

Arjan Renting wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 18:57:12 +0100, Dave Emerson wrote:

>>> It was never going to end well. That much was obvious the moment they
>>> pulled up.

>> At least Clackson acknowledged the beauty of a passing Bertone GTV.
>>
>> As the proud owner of a 1968 Mk1 1750 GT Veloce, I could at least agree
>> with that statement.
>>
>> The "ramming up the back" bit was getting stale halfway through the item
>> and they really should have given it a rest.
>>
>> Overall I think it was the most disappointing TG of the last few years.

> The show was a bit predictable..... The "ramming up the back" was indeed
> overdone and annoying. Time for a new format?

I've broken down on that exact stretch of road. More accurately my
mother's Metro broke down.

> I liked the 75 the most though.... that is before it got damaged....

Yes, but £450 was always going to be a shed.