Herbie Fully Loaded

Old July 17th 05, 09:47 AM
RLS

Default Herbie Fully Loaded

My wife and I decided to go and see the new Herbie movie. We found out that
it was playing at the local drive-in theater, so we got our things together

And fired up '65 Beetle. When we arrived at the drive-in, it was filling up
with cars fast, every little kid in the place started jumping and waving and
pointing.

My wife and I felt like we were some kind of celebrities. My bug is blue
with no 53 or racing stripes, but all the children were excited and
hollering

" hey mommy, look, its Herbie" or "look its herbies brother". Even the
adults were pointing and making comments. Everyone was happy to see us.

I was pleasantly surprised, the movie was actually pretty good. It
wasn't fantastic but it was fun and entertaining. We didn't stay for the
second

Feature. It was a remake of Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, I didn't
like the original anyway.

After Herbie was over we tried to make a quiet exit, but now everyone
was psyched up about the movie they had just seen. Everyone was

Whistling and shouting cheering honking horns as we drove out. It was
FUN!...I'm Glad I didn't drive my Jeep tonight.

RLS

1965 Blue Beetle

1966 VW Bus (Westy)

Old July 18th 05, 02:24 AM
Terry

"RLS" > wrote in message
> My wife and I decided to go and see the new Herbie movie. We found out
> that it was playing at the local drive-in theater, so we got our things
> together
>
> And fired up '65 Beetle. When we arrived at the drive-in, it was filling
> up with cars fast, every little kid in the place started jumping and
> waving and pointing.
>
> My wife and I felt like we were some kind of celebrities. My bug is blue
> with no 53 or racing stripes, but all the children were excited and
> hollering
>
> " hey mommy, look, its Herbie" or "look its herbies brother". Even the
> adults were pointing and making comments. Everyone was happy to see us.
>
> I was pleasantly surprised, the movie was actually pretty good. It
> wasn't fantastic but it was fun and entertaining. We didn't stay for the
> second
>
> Feature. It was a remake of Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, I
> didn't like the original anyway.
>
> After Herbie was over we tried to make a quiet exit, but now
> everyone was psyched up about the movie they had just seen. Everyone was
>
> Whistling and shouting cheering honking horns as we drove out. It was
> FUN!...I'm Glad I didn't drive my Jeep tonight.
>

> RLS
>
> 1965 Blue Beetle
>
> 1966 VW Bus (Westy)

My son and I just went to go see Herbie, I thought it was a fun movie!
I know I saw the original as a kid, but I can't seem to remember much about
it.
Now we're thinking about renting the original & watching it. We drove our
'68 Camaro, I could have sworn it was checking out the new Camaros on our
way home! BTW I haven't seen the willy wonka movie but our local twin cities
movie reviewer gave it an A+, said it was a fantastic movie.

Terry

Old July 18th 05, 04:29 AM
Wild Bill

I know what you felt like RLS. Our local VW Club parked 6 VWs in front
of The Rave Theater on June 22 which was the Premire of The Herbie
Movie. What a hoot. Kids and adults checking out our bugs before and
after the movie. Had so much fun that I drove over to Mobie, Al two
nights later and helped LAVA VW Club do the same thing . Same results
same fun! Enjoyed the Movie ,too.

Be Cool.....AIRCOOLED !!

"Wild" Bill Tucker

President
Rare Air VW Club
Pensacola, Florida

'78 VW Bus ( "Old Rusty" )

'76 Bug "The Grape"

'69 Squareback , Arizona car, Automatic

Rare Air VW Club Website:

http://www.devoted.to/RareAir

or

http://community.webtv.net/stlkikn/RAREAIRVWCLUBINFO

Old July 18th 05, 10:58 AM
Joao Eliseu

When we are driving a beetle the people usually look and smile.

Joao
Old July 18th 05, 05:29 PM
TerryB

RLS wrote:
> My wife and I decided to go and see the new Herbie movie. We found out that
> it was playing at the local drive-in theater, so we got our things together
>
> And fired up '65 Beetle. When we arrived at the drive-in, it was filling up
> with cars fast, every little kid in the place started jumping and waving and
> pointing.
>
> My wife and I felt like we were some kind of celebrities. My bug is blue
> with no 53 or racing stripes, but all the children were excited and
> hollering
>
> " hey mommy, look, its Herbie" or "look its herbies brother". Even the
> adults were pointing and making comments. Everyone was happy to see us.
>
> I was pleasantly surprised, the movie was actually pretty good. It
> wasn't fantastic but it was fun and entertaining. We didn't stay for the
> second
>

> RLS
>
> 1965 Blue Beetle
>
> 1966 VW Bus (Westy)

I want to know if I missed something in the movie? The toys that are
out have the Herbie and then there are the following:

A Black Herbie
A Orange Bus
and a Blue Bus

Were these buses in the movie somewhere and I missed them or are they
just some of the marketing stuff? Don't remember a black version of
Herbie either.