Any information from the UK?

Old September 23rd 06, 04:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Bioboffin

Default Any information from the UK?

Hello - this is my first post here. I have put 'Mazda' into my newsgroup
search, and this is the only hit (NTL world is hopeless). Sorry if this is
Off Topic.

I have today ordered a Mazda 3 (Katomo) in the UK. I test drove a Mazda 2
1.4 capella, and a Honda Jazz. My opinion was that the Honda came in between
the other two, in terms of price and performance/quality. I went for the
Mazda 3. However I don't see anything here about Mazda 3s. I appreciate that
this newsgroup is geared to the US market, and you have models not available
here in the UK. I'd love to see some posts from UK drivers of 'latest model'
Mazda 3's (I know this is not much different from the old model - mostly
cosmetic, I'd say). So - any thoughts?

--

John

Old September 23rd 06, 05:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Bioboffin

Jungwoo Ha wrote:

> Bioboffin wrote:
>> Hello - this is my first post here. I have put 'Mazda' into my
>> newsgroup search, and this is the only hit (NTL world is hopeless).
>> Sorry if this is Off Topic.
>>
>> I have today ordered a Mazda 3 (Katomo) in the UK. I test drove a
>> Mazda 2 1.4 capella, and a Honda Jazz. My opinion was that the Honda came
>> in
>> between the other two, in terms of price and performance/quality. I
>> went for the Mazda 3. However I don't see anything here about Mazda
>> 3s. I appreciate that this newsgroup is geared to the US market, and
>> you have models not available here in the UK. I'd love to see some
>> posts from UK drivers of 'latest model' Mazda 3's (I know this is
>> not much different from the old model - mostly cosmetic, I'd say).
>> So - any thoughts? --
>>
>> John

> Check out these forums
> http://www.mazda3forums.com/
> http://www.mazda3club.com/

That's great. Thanks.

--

John

Old September 23rd 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Jungwoo Ha

Check out these forums
http://www.mazda3forums.com/
http://www.mazda3club.com/

Old September 23rd 06, 11:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

There are others also John. My youngest daughter's boyfriend frequents a
different one but I don't remember the name of it. Good luck, I'm quite
impressed with the US spec "3" and I'd imagine the UK model to be very
similar, right?

Chris
99BBB

Old September 24th 06, 05:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> There are others also John. My youngest daughter's boyfriend frequents a
> different one but I don't remember the name of it. Good luck, I'm quite
> impressed with the US spec "3" and I'd imagine the UK model to be very
> similar, right?
>
> Chris
> 99BBB

Chris, I do not recall frequenting one. Also, we are engaged, didn't she
tell you? I'll be calling you "Big Poppa" soon.

Pat
Old September 24th 06, 10:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Bioboffin

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> There are others also John. My youngest daughter's boyfriend
> frequents a different one but I don't remember the name of it. Good
> luck, I'm quite impressed with the US spec "3" and I'd imagine the UK
> model to be very similar, right?
>
> Chris
> 99BBB

I understand that the engine size(s) are bigger in the US version. We have
engine sizes: 1.4L, 1.6L and 2.0L whereas in the US the engine size is 2.3L.
The rest of the car looks the same (apart from the steering wheel being on
the other side!); but there are probably tweaks like bigger disc rotors etc.
to cope with the greater weight and power.

Old September 24th 06, 06:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

Default OT Pat's future ex-wife

OMG! Well that answers the question I just asked you on the other thread
about your next future ex-wife! I guess we're to be related?

Chris
99BBB

Old September 24th 06, 07:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

Actually, we get a 2.0L 148hp base model with a 2.3L 156hp upgrade option
but of course the biggest news to come down the Mazda 3 pipe is the new
Mazdaspeed version propelled by 2.3L direct injection turbocharged engine
producing 263hp! Unfortunately I believe it is delivering this all through
the front two tires. Still, it will be very interesting.

Chris
99BBB

Old September 24th 06, 09:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> OMG! Well that answers the question I just asked you on the other thread
> about your next future ex-wife! I guess we're to be related?
>
> Chris
> 99BBB

Oh yeah, and it has been a tradition for my father-in-law at the time to
give me a very nice allowance and the use of their vehicles, a trend
that I hope to continue with the D'Agnolo family.

Don't worry, 15 years has not worn off the shock of the first marriage
and divorce. It won't be happening again anytime too soon.

Now as far as dating your daughter..... ;-)

I took the Koni shocks down, not saying why here, they may go back up
soon. If you want to know what's up, shoot me an e-mail.

Pat