coil pack questions

Old October 19th 05, 05:35 AM

Default coil pack questions

I noticed my tach needle jumping around about 500 rpm on the ride to
work this morning. It did it for maybe 30 seconds, then settled down
and I didnt notice it again.

I seem to have read that this is an indication of a bad connection at
the coil pack.

If so, how do I correct the situation.

I noticed the same thing about 3 or 4 years ago, and about this same
time of year. Was curious if the cooler weather has anything to do
with it or is it just a coincidence.

Old October 19th 05, 11:41 PM
Ken Lyons

Default Radio Problem

"XS11E" > wrote
> In my case it's humidity. Yesterday it rained, my radio quit working
> (1992, stock radio). I know from past experience it'll be fine when
> the humidity goes down.
>
> Weird, huh?

What? You haven't performed The Fix yet? See
http://www.miata.net/garage/radio.html
It was the first thing I did to our '90 when we bought it almost 5 years
ago. Well, almost....I changed all the fluids, plugs & wires first.
--
Ken Lyons '97 Brilliant Black/'90 Classic Red
Inside the Beltway

Old October 20th 05, 12:17 AM
XS11E

"Ken Lyons" > wrote in

> "XS11E" > wrote
>> In my case it's humidity. Yesterday it rained, my radio quit
>> working (1992, stock radio). I know from past experience it'll
>> be fine when the humidity goes down.
>>
>> Weird, huh?

> What? You haven't performed The Fix yet? See
> http://www.miata.net/garage/radio.html

I live in Phoenix, I hate to do the fix for the once a decade rain...
;-)

Old October 20th 05, 06:44 AM
KWS

We lived in Phoenix for seven years. During that time, we had at least two
"100 year" floods.

From this, I suggest you consider the fix.

Ken

Old October 20th 05, 07:05 AM
XS11E

"KWS" > wrote in
:

> We lived in Phoenix for seven years. During that time, we had at
> least two "100 year" floods.
>
> From this, I suggest you consider the fix.

It was working again tonight. I've been here almost 50 years, it
really doesn't rain that much. Remember, the "100" year floods come
from snow melt and runoff in the mountains, not much rain down here. I
lived through the worst of them, we were camping near Christopher Creek
when it hit........

Old October 20th 05, 03:45 PM
KWS

"XS11E" > wrote in message
> "KWS" > wrote in
> :
>
> > We lived in Phoenix for seven years. During that time, we had at
> > least two "100 year" floods.
> >
> > From this, I suggest you consider the fix.

> It was working again tonight. I've been here almost 50 years, it
> really doesn't rain that much. Remember, the "100" year floods come
> from snow melt and runoff in the mountains, not much rain down here. I
> lived through the worst of them, we were camping near Christopher Creek
> when it hit........

Yea. I hear you.

Anyway, Ken Lyons gave you the answer to all of this. It's a known problem
which affects pretty much all of them at one time or another. It tends to
show up less in the desert due to the lack of humidity.

Should work just fine after the fix.

Ken

Old October 20th 05, 05:02 PM
XS11E

"KWS" > wrote in
:

> Should work just fine after the fix.

I'm too lazy to do it, if I ever do take the radio out it's not going
back in, I'll replace it with something else.

But I rarely use it, when the World Series is over I won't need it
until next year....

Old October 24th 05, 01:01 AM
XS11E

"KWS" > wrote in
:

> Should work just fine after the fix.

All right, I did it already! You guys can quit nagging now... I even
missed some of the Packers/Eagles game in order to get it done.

PS, the radio turns on now. It's warm and dry. Did the fix do it or?
?????????