A missfire.

Old October 17th 14, 09:10 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

Default A missfire.

This afternoon I installed a new set of Autolite AP 65 apark plugs in my 1983 Dodge van. Since last wednesday when I was pulling a U Haul trailer with my 1948 Jeep on the trailer, my van was making a noise as though it was under a heavy load (Jeep weighs one ton) and some black smoke was coming out of the tail pipe. When I got home and unloaded my Jeep and returned the trailer to U Haul there wasen't any more smoke coming from the tail Pipe and now it still doesn't smoke from the tail pipe, there might be a little bit of smoke when I had the engine running about an hour ago, but it is hard for me to see with my old eyes in the bright sunshine outside. However, when I started up my van a little while ago and with the dog house/engine hood removed and with the engine running I hear a PUP... PUP... PUP... noise. The spark plug wires look to me as though they might be the original spark plug wires. A few years ago when I was installing new spark plugs the end of the rubber boot over the clip that clips onto a spark plug, that rubber portion tore off, about an ince and a quarter long portion. I didn't see any arching as though that spark plug wire might be grounding out on something. I suppose I should buy a new set of spark plug wires. Any suggestions on what I should do? Thanks.

97 chevy cavilier missfire [email protected] Technology 0 May 15th 07 11:47 PM
156 V6 Missfire iainashbrook Alfa Romeo 5 September 18th 06 10:56 AM
92 YJ 4.0 Missfire Dan Jeep 3 December 22nd 04 10:38 PM
MISSFIRE POPPING 156 HELP PLEASE AStwrt4 Alfa Romeo 0 December 22nd 04 01:22 AM
E39 535 missfire Fred W. BMW 4 November 9th 04 03:15 PM