Brake Question for TeGGeR

Old June 18th 05, 10:13 PM
Sparky Spartacus

Default Brake Question for TeGGeR

First, thanks muchly for the FAQ, an invaluable tool!

Question regarding performing maintenance on the front calipers (2003
Accord 4-door sedan, I4/AT):

From the FAQ: "Now we have to remove the two 12mm bolts that hold the
caliper to its bracket through the slide pins"

The Helm manual says to hold the pins when removing the flange bolts
which you don't mention (perhaps an Acura/Honda difference?). Hold it
with what? The head of the pins has flats and a 19mm open end wrench
fits nicely when looking at a spare pin. I don't know if this will work
with the calipers assembled? The body of the lower pin has flats, but a
9mm wrench is too small and a 10mm wrench is too big.

An FYI for the NG:

It says in the FAQ: "They're [the pins] the same size and length, so you
don't have to make sure they go back exactly where they came from"

Not so on my Honda, they have different part nos. and are obviously
different upon inspection:

Upper = 45236-S9A-A01

Lower = 45235-S9A-A01

TIA