Replace Tail Light on 2000 Miata?

Old August 7th 08, 11:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Tom[_26_]

Default Replace Tail Light on 2000 Miata?

My friend has a 2000 Miata with a damaged left rear tail light. Is it
difficult to remove the old light assembly and replace it w/ the new one?
I haven't had the opprotunity to look inside the trunk to see how the
assembly is attached to the body.
Are instructions available on line?

Thanks,

Tom

Old August 7th 08, 04:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chuck[_11_]

All things are relative. <G>
If you are using a used light assembly as a replacement, you may need to add
some sort of sealant to the old rubber gasket.
(They are not difficult to replace.) If any instructions are on line, they
would be at Miata.net

Old August 8th 08, 12:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Tom[_26_]

"Chuck" > wrote in message
> All things are relative. <G>
> If you are using a used light assembly as a replacement, you may need to
> add some sort of sealant to the old rubber gasket.
> (They are not difficult to replace.) If any instructions are on line,
> they would be at Miata.net

It seems like it m,ight be a good idea to buy a new gasket as well.