2008 Miata - slipping out of 4th gear?

Old August 8th 08, 06:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
J.

Default 2008 Miata - slipping out of 4th gear?

Link to video of 4th gear popping out - it happens around 2:26

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTgjA8Hqd5g
Old August 9th 08, 07:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
OzOne

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 10:31:47 -0700 (PDT), "J." >
wrote:

>Link to video of 4th gear popping out - it happens around 2:26
>
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTgjA8Hqd5g

Yep, you have a problem...that should convince the techs.

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.
Old August 9th 08, 05:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

"J." > wrote:

> Link to video of 4th gear popping out - it happens around 2:26
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTgjA8Hqd5g

I see no way to fix this with either duct tape or baling wire so you'll
have to take it to the dealer where they have heavy duty duct tape! <G>

It's definitely a bad tranny, don't put off fixing it.

The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://improve-usenet.org
Old August 9th 08, 08:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

OzOne wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 10:31:47 -0700 (PDT), "J." >
> wrote:
>
>> Link to video of 4th gear popping out - it happens around 2:26
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTgjA8Hqd5g

> Yep, you have a problem...that should convince the techs.
>

> OzOne of the three twins
>
> I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.

Yikes! Yes, that needs to be fixed immediately. Never seen that on a
Miata before. Don't you love cameras?

I sometimes take pictures as I take things apart while doing car and
other repairs and reference them when re-assembling everything.

It can make life a lot easier. I wish that I had my digital camera and
computer over 20 years ago when I first started working on my cars.

Pat

94 Miata popping out of fifth gear Doug Wilson Mazda 6 September 10th 06 03:17 AM
Ford Windstar Transmission Slipping in First Gear KC Technology 6 April 17th 06 02:55 AM
gear slipping Vassie VW air cooled 1 November 4th 05 06:20 PM
95 honda passport Gear slipping? DaveUSA 4x4 2 November 24th 04 12:35 AM