FA British Sports Cars vintage history rare marques 1947

Old October 8th 07, 11:32 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
Alys

Default FA British Sports Cars vintage history rare marques 1947

British Sports cars by Gregor Grant 1947 ,a few chips from
dustwrapper,otherwise VGC. 202 pages.
Superb vintage book on the classic British Sports car,one of the best
we've had ,covers 96 makes,up to the 1940s ,dozens of which I have
never heard! All covered well,many in great detail,packed with
photos,diagrams,line illustrations,plates and in text.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MESE:IT

Old October 23rd 07, 07:55 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
Stude

On Oct 8, 3:32 pm, Alys > wrote:
> British Sports cars by Gregor Grant 1947 ,a few chips from
> dustwrapper,otherwise VGC. 202 pages.
> Superb vintage book on the classic British Sports car,one of the best
> we've had ,covers 96 makes,up to the 1940s ,dozens of which I have
> never heard! All covered well,many in great detail,packed with
> photos,diagrams,line illustrations,plates and in text.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...em=32016635878...

I lived about halfway between "The Jag" and Alvis.
Great place for a car nut to live. They have, in addition to all the
othe rcar events, a "Shakespeare Run" thorough Warwickshire of about
100 miles a year, just for old cars. It runs right through Coventry.
This city also has a municipally-owned auto museum - one of the best
in the world.
If you get to the UK, try to see both. October is the tour, I think.